Taking a plunge.....
Like Tree7Likes
  • 5 Post By Gm1083
  • 2 Post By Gm1083

Thread: Taking a plunge.....

Taking a plunge.....

I have literally spent nearly every night for years, reading thread after thread. I've never written a peep. I have a modest collection of watches, that I hold dearly. My most recent acquisition is a Ball Hydrocarbon Spacemaster. It is such a fine piece for the money, I felt like I needed to say something for once! It is the most accurate automatic I've ever encountered. I regret the proprietary bracelets and straps, but otherwise couldn't be happier with the fit and finish. I absolutely love this forum. I'm sorry to have stayed quiet so long. I called around the Houston area, and discovered there are no dealers anymore. Has Ball become factory direct?

Re: Taking a plunge.....

Welcome to the forum--post pictures of your Spacemaster when you get a chance. Ball has certainly shifted their marketing approach to emphasize factory direct sales, but there are still plenty of brick and mortar shops carrying their line up.

Well that is one heck of a testimony. As timefleas said - a picture or 2 of your new piece is all you need to complete the story!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I purchased my Ball directly from them... I also found out that there are only four retailers according to their site here in Virginia. Texas seems to have a few more. And yes please post some pics!
    Sub Date 116610LN
    GMT Master II 126711CHNR

Quote Originally Posted by Astro_train View Post
    I purchased my Ball directly from them... I also found out that there are only four retailers according to their site here in Virginia. Texas seems to have a few more. And yes please post some pics!
    gah, I'm an idiot. Literally never responded to a thread. I'm just using a phone app to check accuracy, however it is consistently well under a second per day. My second most accurate watch (a Tudor) is closer to 2 seconds per day. I'm thrilled! I'm a school teacher, and literally just stopped working about ten minutes ago, or I'd have offered a more interesting photo
    Attached Images Attached Images

KiwiWomble and Dogbert_is_fat like this.

nice, welcome to the forum :)

Omega "Skyfall" Aqua Terra 8500

Quote Originally Posted by Gm1083 View Post
    gah, I'm an idiot. Literally never responded to a thread. I'm just using a phone app to check accuracy, however it is consistently well under a second per day. My second most accurate watch (a Tudor) is closer to 2 seconds per day. I'm thrilled! I'm a school teacher, and literally just stopped working about ten minutes ago, or I'd have offered a more interesting photo
    Hi Gm1083, you're a long time lurker Great watch you got there! Yes, I have found that the time regulation on the Ball Watches are fantastic given that my higher accurate "superlative chronometer certified" watches gains about 2 to 4 seconds per week whilst my Ball Engineer Hydrocarbon AeroGMT II only needs a re-set every 3 months!

Wanted to respond to a question from the OP. I purchased several Ball watches from a local AD back when Ball was first coming to market. I really enjoyed the watches at the time, but I really got turned off when I started seeing Ball dumping inventory on some very large discount sites. I felt very much like at that point, Ball began to devalue themselves. More recently, Ball has started selling direct to the market and this has had a direct impact on their local ADs. The one that I worked with is now ending their relationship with Ball because of this very issue. I believe the higher end watch market has become much more difficult to play in and Ball has just struggled to be relevant. It really is too bad.

Thread Information