Think I sold at least a half dozen Balls this evening...

Thread: Think I sold at least a half dozen Balls this evening...

Think I sold at least a half dozen Balls this evening...

Hi Guys,

I was at my nephews birthday party today and as usual, while the kids were all playing downstairs, the wemon were chatting in the kitchen / dining room, the men were on the back porch with a Cabral Porto in one hand and a Montechristo in the other.

Whenever I am around the subject always seems to turn to watches. I try to stay away from it, for fear I might start borring everyone, but someone always brings it up. So I talked about my Ionosphere and Ball for a bit and answered a ton of questions. The next thing I know the sun has set and all of a sudden I hear "Hey, check out Marc's watch!" Even though I had talked about the tritium tubes, when they actually saw it for themselves, they really got into it.

Now we are are not talking about WIS here, but they are not watch virgins either. Around the table there was a MarcelloC Tridente, a Seamaster Pro, a Tag Heuer Chrono, a Breitling for Bentley Chrono and a couple of Seiko Chronos. I swear the guy with the Trident actually went inside to charge his watch under a halogene light and STILL it was not half as bright. Anyway, needless to say, they all wanted to see my Ball up close. So around the table it went.

Like I said, I think I may have sold them on the brand! I know! Maybe we should turn the lights off in the watch stores that sell Ball watches. I bet they would sell a whole lot more! lol...

So that was my evening,

Marc Levesque
    @MarcTime2watch
    MyTime2watch.blogspot.com

Re: Think I sold at least a half dozen Balls this evening...

I had a similar experience last night too (no fancy cigars or anything though). I was outside chatting with a friend and he said "Cool watch-what is that?".....when I looked at my wrist, my Ball was glowing like it had new batteries in it! ...and that's the T25 tubes....can't wait to see the T100's in action on a new Night Train!
    Chris

"I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best." -Oscar Wilde
    ==========================
    Collector of Ball, Stowa and Glycine timepieces

Laughing Re: Think I sold at least a half dozen Balls this evening...

Hi Marc
    Maybe Ball should make you their official Ambassador

Regards
    Bob:thanks
    Bob.

Ticking away..the moments that make up a dull day.
    Omega 2254.50
    Omega 2531.80
    Rolex Submariner

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Breznay View Post
    Maybe Ball should make you their official Ambassador
    I agree, Bob! And I think a Ball t-shirt or hooded sweatshirt would be in order!

Great job promoting Ball watches, Marc!

The only experience that I've had that even comes close, was when I wore my EMII Classic to our local movie theatre. The couple we went with always likes to sit in the very back row(for more footroom), which always seems to be a magnet for folks who like to make noise during the movie.
    Anyway, I ended up sitting next to a couple of teenage girls who seemed intent on crinkling their snack food's plastic wrap...all night.
    I tried, very hard, to zone them out...but to no avail...so I started fidgeting, and looking at my watch to see how much time was left for the movie. When I turned my wrist up to see the dial, those tritium tubes were so bright, but sharp and defined, that I was darned impressed. Apparently, so was the girl sitting closest to me...as she stopped crinkling her plastic wrap and sat there, staring at my watch's lit up dial. Then, after what seemed like a good ten seconds(probably more like two or three), she smiled at me...and then went back to crinkling her plastic wrap....

Take care,
    Geoff

Damasko DA36 Black
    Seiko Blue "Sumo" SBDC003
    Enzo Mechana Sub Hatch
    Steinhart Ocean One Vintage
    Casio G-Shock GW-7900B-1
    Casio G-Shock GW-2500B-1A G-Aviator
    Ball Engineer Master II Classic
    Ball Engineer Hydrocarbon Ti "Mad Cow"
    Omega Seamaster Professional 300m LE "America's Cup"
    Seiko Black Monster w/Yobokies Anvil bracelet
    Rolex Datejust Oyster Perpetual SS(wedding gift)

Ball should put up LUME rooms in stores!

Quote Originally Posted by jaymd View Post
    Ball should put up LUME rooms in stores!

LOL yeah that would be really nice.

The AD that I went to in Singapore had an entire display case of Balls that had black lights in it. It was beautiful, as it showed off the lume on a bunch of Balls all at the same time!
    Regards,
    - TY -

Thread Information