Thinking,thinking

Thread: Thinking,thinking

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thinking,thinking

Hi to all here, i am a rookie to Ball watches and high end watches in general.i am thinking about a hydrocarbon mad dog and cant decide on what face to get. black or white.this will be my first high end watch ,have been saving for over a year to get it so i want to be sure its right.will be getting it from right time and talked to Felix today. what do you think of right time? thanks for the input. Mark

Re: Thinking,thinking

Black dial mad cow for me! It looks sportier and more masculine. Although theres nothing wrong with the white dial with the BLUED hands No experience yet with an online retailer. I hope its an authorized AD.

Quote Originally Posted by markh View Post
    Hi to all here, i am a rookie to Ball watches and high end watches in general.i am thinking about a hydrocarbon mad dog and cant decide on what face to get. black or white.this will be my first high end watch ,have been saving for over a year to get it so i want to be sure its right.will be getting it from right time and talked to Felix today. what do you think of right time? thanks for the input. Mark
    Hi Mark
    First off, welcome to the Ball forum My preference would be the white dial because of the blue hands. But I guess it's a case of which one really talks to you and says "buy me". I'm sure either one will make you smile

I have no experience with Righttime, but they are an AD so you won't have any problems.

Please let us know which one you decide to get.

Regards
    Bob:thanks
    Bob.

Ticking away..the moments that make up a dull day.
    Omega 2254.50
    Omega 2531.80
    Rolex Submariner

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I'm partial to the white-dialed Mad Cow too, but my reasons are totally subjective. I just don't gravitate toward black dialed divers with bezels that match the case. I like black bezels on black-dialed divers.

You definitely need to see one in person before buying. It is a thick watch! ...but it is one of Ball's better watches for night legibility. Many are brighter, but this is the one that I wear at night most often. I can just read the time fastest with this one. It must be the combination (1) of thin tubes for both hands and markers and (2) of arabic and stick markers.

Every thread should have pics, right?

I'm a sucker for the white dial on black strap:

On my 8" wrist:

Lume:

Did I say it was thick?

Rob
    Last edited by roberev; September 30th, 2007 at 00:41.

I made a purchase through righttime recently and all was well. I will say though that the woman I dealt with on the phone was not overly friendly nor was she interested in making a new long-term customer, but she had the watch out to me same day, so I have no gripes. Their phone sales could be a bit more "friendly" I suppose?? Just my experience with one person at that particular AD. Other ADs I have dealt with have been great and they are the ones who will get my repeat business.
    Chris

"I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best." -Oscar Wilde
    ==========================
    Collector of Ball, Stowa and Glycine timepieces

Heres a pic of my magnates. Hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by roberev View Post
    I'm partial to the white-dialed Mad Cow too, but my reasons are totally subjective. I just don't gravitate toward black dialed divers with bezels that match the case. I like black bezels on black-dialed divers.

You definitely need to see one in person before buying. It is a thick watch! ...but it is one of Ball's better watches for night legibility. Many are brighter, but this is the one that I wear at night most often. I can just read the time fastest with this one. It must be the combination (1) of thin tubes for both hands and markers and (2) of arabic and stick markers.

Every thread should have pics, right?

I'm a sucker for the white dial on black strap:

On my 8" wrist:

Lume:

Did I say it was thick?

Rob
    WOW!!! Rob,
    You're making me drool all over my keyboard

Excellent pics

Regards
    Bob:thanks
    Bob.

Ticking away..the moments that make up a dull day.
    Omega 2254.50
    Omega 2531.80
    Rolex Submariner

I think you have to look at them in person if you haven't already. One will "speak" to you.

The dial on the Mad Cow is similar to the GMT in color and there are some other differences - but they are close.

White worked for me. It may be a GMT version but I love the red, white and blue.

Cheers,
    Gerry

Ball Hydrocarbon GMT I, Citizen Navihawk, Casio PAW1300-3V, IWC Aquatimer Chronograph, Rolex GMT-Master II, O&W ID3066, Seiko AGS Flightmaster, Baume & Mercier World Timer, Zenith Stratos Striking Tenth Felix Baumgartner

Banned

I really do like that white dial. I agree, if the bezel was available in black, I'd prefer the black dial.

Quote Originally Posted by Torrid View Post
    I really do like that white dial. I agree, if the bezel was available in black, I'd prefer the black dial.
    Did you go to the museum stop up in Scottsdale? It was very enjoyable.
    Cheers,
    Gerry

Ball Hydrocarbon GMT I, Citizen Navihawk, Casio PAW1300-3V, IWC Aquatimer Chronograph, Rolex GMT-Master II, O&W ID3066, Seiko AGS Flightmaster, Baume & Mercier World Timer, Zenith Stratos Striking Tenth Felix Baumgartner

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information