For those who ordered their NT on rubber...latest news from Ball rep

Thread: For those who ordered their NT on rubber...latest news from Ball rep

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

For those who ordered their NT on rubber...latest news from Ball rep

Some of you, like me, pre-ordered your Night Train with the rubber strap. I just spoke with my AD and learned that the mold for this strap has just been created so it will be "a while" (ADs words) before your AD will have a rubber strap for you. Altho he has my NT sitting waiting for me, he has no strap for it, so we decided I'd take along a spare 22mm strap from home and we'll stick that on it until the Ball rubber comes in at some later date. Anyway, I was pleased the AD could help clear up that mystery a little. Just wanted to pass that bit of info along for anyone wondering about their NT on rubber and when they could expect to have it as ordered.
    Chris

"I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best." -Oscar Wilde
    ==========================
    Collector of Ball, Stowa and Glycine timepieces

Re: For those who ordered their NT on rubber...latest news from Ball rep

Thanks for the update. Between this and the new dial I may not see my NT until 2008.

Quote Originally Posted by CalDiver View Post
    Some of you, like me, pre-ordered your Night Train with the rubber strap. I just spoke with my AD and learned that the mold for this strap has just been created so it will be "a while" (ADs words) before your AD will have a rubber strap for you. Altho he has my NT sitting waiting for me, he has no strap for it, so we decided I'd take along a spare 22mm strap from home and we'll stick that on it until the Ball rubber comes in at some later date. Anyway, I was pleased the AD could help clear up that mystery a little. Just wanted to pass that bit of info along for anyone wondering about their NT on rubber and when they could expect to have it as ordered.
    Anyone know any the latest status?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Per Jeff Hess, it is going to be a while before the rubber straps will be in the US. Nothing to do but be patient and wait. Ball will get them to us as soon as they can.
    Chris

Got the NT rubber strap at the Napa AD today. :)

Conrgats, been thinking on getting one for my NT. Do you know the aprrox cost of the strap? thanks

Yep, also got my NT rubber strap from Napa AD yesterday. Apparently, they are becoming available and being sent out to ADs in small numbers. Price is US$160.
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by CalDiver View Post
    Price is US$160.
    For a rubber strap w/o curved ends? Ouch!

I have no problem with that price for the rubber Hydrocarbon strap that I just ordered, since it's specially made to fit the Hydrocarbon, but a straight-end 21mm rubber strap is another story.

Rob

Yep...straight rubber strap as shown on NT prototype photos = list price $160 (quoted by my AD). Seems pricey since their leather straps are like $90, which is what I pay for a decent pair of shoes so.....I guess if you want it, you're gonna pay dearly for it(?) This is not meant to be critical of Ball Watch 'cause I LOVE my Balls!!
    Jeff Hess or Marc Ofte or someone in authority may be able to explain the pricing structure there?
    Chris

[quote=CalDiver;572789]Yep, also got my NT rubber strap from Napa AD yesterday. Apparently, they are becoming available and being sent out to ADs in small numbers. Price is US$160.[/quote

Thanks Caldiver. I'm not crazy about the price since the 20mm rubber for the Ball divers is $98. But I'm going to bite the bullet and plcae my order since I really want the rubber strap for my NT.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information