Trainmaster Legend Automatic Silver Dial NM2030D-SJ-SL Questions
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Trainmaster Legend Automatic Silver Dial NM2030D-SJ-SL Questions

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Trainmaster Legend Automatic Silver Dial NM2030D-SJ-SL Questions

Hello all!

Trainmaster Legend Automatic Silver Tone Dial NM2030D-SJ-SL

What can you tell me about this model?
    Specifically, I’ve seen it described in different places as having a 40mm case and a 38mm case - anyone know for sure?
    I assume this is a discontinued model or it’s been changed - it has a solid caseback and I found it new for $429.99.
    Does the crystal have AR inside and out, or just inside?
    Does it have a screw down crown? It doesn’t look like a style that would, but one source mentions that it does. It’s amazing how many different descriptions you can find of a watch on the Internet!
    Any other thoughts will also be greatly appreciated!

Here are a couple of stock photos for further reference:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Trainmaster Legend Automatic Silver Dial NM2030D-SJ-SL Questions

Looks like barebones older model with limited lume. Nice watch, I'd definately wear it! Beautiful bracelet, good movement, well made.
    constant change likes this.

Thanks- fortunately for me I prefer simplicity. Fewer frills = more affordable! I would like a nice moonphase, but other than that I’m not into complications. Three handers, with or without a date, are my style.

Quote Originally Posted by mjwatch View Post
    Looks like barebones older model with limited lume. Nice watch, I'd definately wear it! Beautiful bracelet, good movement, well made.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

lvt

I once had a Ball watch with screw-down crown despite its 50m water-resistance. Not sure for this 30m watch though.
    Ball - Casio / G-shock - HMT - Longines - Parnis - Seagull - Seiko - Steinhart - Tissot - Victorinox - Yema

Quote Originally Posted by constant change View Post
    Thanks- fortunately for me I prefer simplicity. Fewer frills = more affordable! I would like a nice moonphase, but other than that I’m not into complications. Three handers, with or without a date, are my style.
    Seiko fanatics on WUS pay double for half the watch and the Ball is twice the quality. ;)

I don't have the answers to your questions, and I doubt anyone does, as there are several versions of this model, so what is true of one may not be true of the others--you can see one visible difference in the placement of the date window, some at 3, and some at 4:30--and yes, this does mean one is older than the other. It is very unlikely that there is external AR, as Ball rarely does that, but is very likely it has internal AR. It likely has a screw down crown, as almost all Ball watches do, but it isn't a horrible thing if it doesn't--my very expensive Ball Flying Scotsman doesn't have a screw down crown, and isn't an issue at all. Just guessing, but probably the case is 40mm as it is a Trainmaster, and very few Trainmasters of recent vintage (and this is a recent vintage watch) have cases smaller than 40mm. All in all, that is the risk you take when buying online, whatever it is, I am very sure it will be worth much more than just about any other watch you could buy for that money (and the bay keeps a running listing of these shifting between something like $386 and $429 every few days or so, so that could possibly be bought for even less than your price).

<snip>
    Trainmaster Legend Automatic Silver Tone Dial NM2030D-SJ-SL
    ::
    I’ve seen it described in different places as having a 40mm case and a 38mm case - anyone know for sure?
    ::
    I assume this is a discontinued model or it’s been changed - it has a solid caseback and I found it new for $429.99.
    :
    This is most probably a 38mm watch.

Not wanting to state the obvious but did you try to contact the seller and ask those questions?

Also, not sure if you’re aware that purchases made from a non- authorised AD will not be covered by the Ball Watch warranty. Warranty is also not transferable from the first owner to the next.
    timefleas likes this.

I think Dogbert may be right regarding size (and the other points as well)--what is confusing is that there are two Ball Legends, one the NM2030D, and the other, NM3080, the latter is 40mm, which is perhaps what led to seeing what looked like two different contradictory descriptions.

The seller lists it as 40mm, and I was careful to look at model numbers - non-AD sellers often get their descriptions wrong. I’m aware that it won’t be covered by Ball’s warranty, but the seller gives a two year warranty. I wouldn’t be able (willing?) to pay the price an AD would charge.

The seller lists it as 40mm, and I was careful to look at model numbers - non-AD sellers often get their descriptions wrong. I’m aware that it won’t be covered by Ball’s warranty, but the seller gives a two year warranty. I wouldn’t be able (willing?) to pay the price an AD would charge.
    One thing that is certain is that you are right, the NM2030D is listed on some sites at 38mm, and on other sites, at 40mm. The rather obvious solution is to have the seller actually measure the watch, and provide a picture of it. Best of luck.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information