tritium lume shots!

Thread: tritium lume shots!

tritium lume shots!

taken last night, friend of mine brought over a digital camera with a longer exposure than i could do with my point and shoot, pretty pleased with how they turned out strangely, the second hand showed up in none of the photos however

personally like the first one a little bit better, but like how they both turned out. also snapped a pic of my traser for comparison

anyway, just figured i'd share

Re: tritium lume shots!

Very nice. Thanks for sharing. I love the numbers on the Ball. Too bad it seems they discontinued the model. I hope they're going to come out with one that's slightly larger than the previous model. The Tracer looks like mine except yours has the blue tritium vials. Nice all around though.

Quote Originally Posted by nathantw666 View Post
    Very nice. Thanks for sharing. I love the numbers on the Ball. Too bad it seems they discontinued the model. I hope they're going to come out with one that's slightly larger than the previous model. The Tracer looks like mine except yours has the blue tritium vials. Nice all around though.
    was also surprised they discontinued their only model with backlit numerals, as well as their only model with an illuminated date.

hope that they release something else with at least the backlit technology, frankly think it looks fantastic. 40mm is the perfect size for me however, so i would like to see it in the same size

you must also have the traser classic auto, i went with the blue since the ball had green numerals.

thanks for the kind words

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Great lume shots

I cannot imagine the amount of tritium use for creating the moonglow. Guess the second hand lume did not show up as it moving to fast to be capture by your camera.

Its not a matter of to fast but that it did not stay in one place long for the esposure to capture the lum. If you slowed the shutter even more, you would see the hour markers and minute/hour hands glowing VERY brightly and a dim perfect circle on the face which would be the second hand...

Can't you just hack the seconds hand for the shot, or does the Moon Glow not have a hackable seconds hand?

Regards,
    -Jeff
    Trivia question of the month:
    The history of the Baselworld Watch and Jewellery Show dates back to what year, when there was established the first Schweizer Mustermesse Basel (MUBA) with a special section devoted to watches and jewellery?
    ~Click on my profile and look under my biography for the answer.
    Quote of the month:
    "Give me the perfect oil and I'll make the perfect watch."
    ~ Abraham-Louis Breguet

Quote Originally Posted by Timewaster View Post
    Can't you just hack the seconds hand for the shot, or does the Moon Glow not have a hackable seconds hand?

Regards,
    -Jeff
    it does have a hacking second hand. didn't really think about it too be honest, that's a great idea, i'll stop it next time around

Thread Information