Unmet Need Email From Ball

Thread: Unmet Need Email From Ball

Unmet Need Email From Ball

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone received the "Unmet Need" email from Ball. I received the email asking if there were any features or watches I would like to see in the future. I explained that I would like to see a 40-41mm GMT with a countdown bezel. George from Ball asked why I preferred the countdown bezel to a diver's count up bezel, and we had a brief discussion. He then informed me they were convinced and will "build the watch per your specifications" in the next 12 months (ish).

Interesting...

Re: Unmet Need Email From Ball

Ball occasionally sends out such notes to folks on their different mailing lists--not everyone gets them every time. A rather ineffective method of product development--even though Jeff Hess, the former Ball USA CEO used to participate in this forum, current management hasn't addressed the obvious, which is simply to come here and read through the many threads, being the largest Ball forum, in terms of threads, in the world--maybe you could point it out to them--that there is a resource that they are overlooking, if they are looking for ways to improve their product.

Wish they would ask me......
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

"The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by timefleas View Post
    Ball occasionally sends out such notes to folks on their different mailing lists--not everyone gets them every time. A rather ineffective method of product development--even though Jeff Hess, the former Ball USA CEO used to participate in this forum, current management hasn't addressed the obvious, which is simply to come here and read through the many threads, being the largest Ball forum, in terms of threads, in the world--maybe you could point it out to them--that there is a resource that they are overlooking, if they are looking for ways to improve their product.
    What happened with Jeff Hess and Ball USA?

I received a letter as well. It may have been a direct email actually. I’m BC sure if you have bought through Gnomon it’s part of their warranty agreement.

I didn’t complete the question because I didn’t think saying “less Day/Date models,” would be helpful. Besides they need to figure out their customer base.

Perhaps maybe a Marvelight, that is actually light like a a Fireman???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by The Rook View Post
    What happened with Jeff Hess and Ball USA?
    I believe they parted ways only recently--I MAY BE WRONG!!--as a result, or at least related to, the the new management/marketing philosophy instituted a few years ago. I know that he now has some association with Glashutte USA, and his brick and mortar has been selling off their used/demo Ball stock at dimes on the dollar, one piece at a time, on the bay. Perhaps someone more in the know can chime in--my basic point is that he used to interact right here on this forum, but stepped out of this arena quite awhile ago, so, he is no longer a conduit linking ideas addressed in this forum, and the management/development arm of Ball.

I got one too. Also got a response from George @ Ball.

Thread Information