USA Customs, Duty, and fees on buying from Gnomon
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: USA Customs, Duty, and fees on buying from Gnomon

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

USA Customs, Duty, and fees on buying from Gnomon

Has anyone here in the USA had a purchase experience with the Gnomon Watches? Were there any issues with getting items thru customs, any import duty or other fees associated with bringing a new Ball watch into the country from Singapore? Any risk of item being denied entry?

Thanks-any and all experiences shared are appreciated.

Re: USA Customs, Duty, and fees on buying from Gnomon

Have purchased multiple times from Gnomon (never a Ball however) and since they expedite ship via EMS, which is by far the best international shipper. You will have no problems with customs in my experience.

Be prepared to receive it shortly. My record low is 40 hours delivered to me in the boonies of New England from clicking “confirm payment”
    Today would be a good day to delete your Facebook account, Here is why:

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f73/fa...l#post48047643

10 reasons to dump facebook:

https://www.komando.com/tips/527072/...cebook-in-2019

Quote Originally Posted by yankeexpress View Post
    Have purchased multiple times from Gnomon (never a Ball however) and since they expedite ship via EMS, which is by far the best international shipper. You will have no problems with customs in my experience.

Be prepared to receive it shortly. My record low is 40 hours delivered to me in the boonies of New England from clicking “confirm payment”
    Wow, that's very impressive. I've often wondered about Gnomon since I'm in Canada, but this information would make me feel good about them shipping almost anywhere.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

They are an excellent shipper as is EMS for the delivery.

SHipping times are short and usually hassle free.
    yankeexpress likes this.
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

"The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein

I literally just received a Ball Skindiver Heritage from Gnomon. Here’s how it went:

I ordered on 1/6 (then joined this forum the next day lol). The following day Anders emailed me and apologized that the website was wrong and the watch was out of stock, but would offer me a different one at a discount. I responded that I wanted the Heritage only. He responded the next day that he contacted Ball in Switzerland and would be receiving a Skindiver Heritage in a few days if I would be willing to wait. (I was getting a little nervous at this point). Based on the positive feedback for Gnomon on here I decided to give him the benefit of the doubt and waited. Over the next few days he emailed me updates, then in 1/15 I got the shipment confirmation email. On 1/17 I was holding it in my hands. Northeast rural US. No additional fees, no issue with customs, no delivery delays. Unbelievably fast shipping.

I absolutely love this watch.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by JR70 View Post
    I literally just received a Ball Skindiver Heritage from Gnomon. Here’s how it went:

I ordered on 1/6 (then joined this forum the next day lol). The following day Anders emailed me and apologized that the website was wrong and the watch was out of stock, but would offer me a different one at a discount. I responded that I wanted the Heritage only. He responded the next day that he contacted Ball in Switzerland and would be receiving a Skindiver Heritage in a few days if I would be willing to wait. (I was getting a little nervous at this point). Based on the positive feedback for Gnomon on here I decided to give him the benefit of the doubt and waited. Over the next few days he emailed me updates, then in 1/15 I got the shipment confirmation email. On 1/17 I was holding it in my hands. Northeast rural US. No additional fees, no issue with customs, no delivery delays. Unbelievably fast shipping.

Congratulations! Welcome to the Ball Watch family

Quote Originally Posted by JR70 View Post

Thanks- that’s exactly the kind of (very) current feedback I was hoping to hear.

And that’s a beautiful new watch you got there also 🙂

Bob

Gnomon is my go-to Ball AD

Bought my Engineer M from them about a month or two back. IIRC it was 6 days from purchase to wrist - no issues whatsoever.

I will definitely buy from them again.

Have had no issues ordering Ball watches from Gnomon. Great experience coming into the USA.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information