Visited my local AD today,...

Thread: Visited my local AD today,...

Pen Visited my local AD today,...

...the Orlando Watch Company in Winter Park, FL. But alas nothing came home with me. I missed seeing the one and only Night Train they received by 90 minutes. They weren't aware of the issue with the dial marking so I informed them of what I had read here. I did get to check out the EMII Diver TMT LE, so much cooler in person then the pics I have seen - I can imagine what Brian has in store when he gets his soon.

I was also able to try on the Mad Cow, EH Chrono, Worldtimer and an Ionosphere. That EH Chrono is one thick watch. But with the extremely curved lugs, it fits the wrist perfectly. Before I left, I asked about a rubber strap for my EMII diver, which they will have to order for me.

Was a kick to see and feel all of these Balls in person (uh... yeah). The young lady who was helping me (daughter of the owner) was very knowledgeable and it was a pleasure talking with her. It was a great time, even though nothing followed me home...

Re: Visited my local AD today,...

Quote Originally Posted by srh_pres View Post
    ...the Orlando Watch Company in Winter Park, FL. But alas nothing came home with me. I missed seeing the one and only Night Train they received by 90 minutes.
    e-mail me ....I know of one available....driving distance from ya '

Hi Steve,

Although you didn't come home with a new Ball, it sounds like you still had a really great time. It is fun to get to check out and try on the different Ball models, isn't it?

I got to try on the Conductor Chronograph Ltd Ed, black dial version, while at the Ball Museum Tour in San Francisco, today. Man, what a beautiful watch! It had great wrist presence, and the attention to detail on the dial...really something! I even got to look at the dial really close-up with a jeweler's loupe...the most minute details were amazingly sharp! The all polished finish was perhaps a bit blingy for my taste...if Ball were to make it with the polished/satin brushed finish combo, like that of my EMII Classic, then I'd be in trouble!

Alas, I didn't go home with a new Ball, either......but it was still a lot of fun, anyway! Thanks to Marc Ofte, National Sales Mgr. of Ball Watch USA, for giving us the great presentation and the fun watch talk afterwards.
    Take care,
    Geoff

Damasko DA36 Black
    Seiko Blue "Sumo" SBDC003
    Enzo Mechana Sub Hatch
    Steinhart Ocean One Vintage
    Casio G-Shock GW-7900B-1
    Casio G-Shock GW-2500B-1A G-Aviator
    Ball Engineer Master II Classic
    Ball Engineer Hydrocarbon Ti "Mad Cow"
    Omega Seamaster Professional 300m LE "America's Cup"
    Seiko Black Monster w/Yobokies Anvil bracelet
    Rolex Datejust Oyster Perpetual SS(wedding gift)

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by WatchFan1 View Post
    e-mail me ....I know of one available....driving distance from ya '
    Fortunately Carissa said she is getting a couple more in, so might get to see one when I go pick up my strap for the diver. But thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by sukispop View Post
    Hi Steve,

Although you didn't come home with a new Ball, it sounds like you still had a really great time. It is fun to get to check out and try on the different Ball models, isn't it?

I got to try on the Conductor Chronograph Ltd Ed, black dial version, while at the Ball Museum Tour in San Francisco, today. Man, what a beautiful watch! It had great wrist presence, and the attention to detail on the dial...really something! I even got to look at the dial really close-up with a jeweler's loupe...the most minute details were amazingly sharp! The all polished finish was perhaps a bit blingy for my taste...if Ball were to make it with the polished/satin brushed finish combo, like that of my EMII Classic, then I'd be in trouble!

Alas, I didn't go home with a new Ball, either......but it was still a lot of fun, anyway! Thanks to Marc Ofte, National Sales Mgr. of Ball Watch USA, for giving us the great presentation and the fun watch talk afterwards.
    Yep, you gotta love this thing of ours... the affliction, er, hobby I mean...

Quote Originally Posted by BrianS View Post
    You guys have massive will power!! I've only been to my Ball AD once without walking out with a watch, and that was the day I pre-ordered my Night Train!
    Will power?? Me? uh no, its called - the wife holding my wallet hostage. Course Carissa did notice the old Oris my wife had on and tried to tempt her with a newer one, but to no avail - now there's some will power...

Thread Information