What in store for 2009?

Thread: What in store for 2009?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What in store for 2009?

So another year is coming to an end. So what is in store for 2009 for BALL?

Re: What in store for 2009?

Well, hopefully the Royal Blue Commemorative.....at some point.

Regards,
    -Jeff
    Trivia question of the month:
    The history of the Baselworld Watch and Jewellery Show dates back to what year, when there was established the first Schweizer Mustermesse Basel (MUBA) with a special section devoted to watches and jewellery?
    ~Click on my profile and look under my biography for the answer.
    Quote of the month:
    "Give me the perfect oil and I'll make the perfect watch."
    ~ Abraham-Louis Breguet

Quote Originally Posted by Timewaster View Post
    Well, hopefully the Royal Blue Commemorative.....at some point.

Regards,
    -Jeff
    that's right, hopefully pretty tasty too

apparently also a perpetual may finally be coming too

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Many Big guns in swiss has actully team up with BNB to come out with limited edition movement watch model for the past few Baselworld show. Maybe BALL should have a colleboration with them since they already used to work with soprod and others for re-work of BALL movement. It should be a great partnership as BNB has came out with alots of scary stunning watches like Titanic DNA Day&Night, C1 tourbillon and BR01 tourbillon amongs other stunning high end complication watches.

damn i am scared to ask but how much for the titanic day and night?

and the c1 tourbillion?

amazing pieces of work!

Four things that I would like to see from Ball in 2009:

1) A fitted bracelet for the Aviator! A bracelet will stop me from flipping this watch.

2) An affordable classic white dress watch with stick markers. Frederique Constant has come out with a beautiful round-cased dress watch called the Clear Vision, that you can buy for under $1000. I'd like to see a 40mm Ball that is similarly classic-looking, with either stick tubes or applied markers with 10mCi GTLS dots.

3) A 41-43mm thin (12mm) braceleted diver with black external bezel. Ball keeps making these great gadget divers, but still doesn't have a classic, wear-with-everything diver. It doesn't have to look like a Submariner or Planet Ocean, but needs to fit that slot. No chrono, GMT, or thermometer complications. Gold, silver, orange. green, and gray quarter-hour bezel accents need not apply. Black bezel all around.

4) While I'm bugged at the delay and miscommunications about The Royal Blue, I would still ike to see it in a 42-44mm case, with white dial and blue GTLS tubes.

Rob
    Last edited by roberev; December 31st, 2008 at 18:10.

Quote Originally Posted by roberev View Post
    4) While I'm bugged at the delay and miscommunications about The Royal Blue, I would still ike to see it in a 42-44mm case, with white dial and blue GTLS tubes.
    what miscommunication? i have found precious little information regarding this piece and have been very interested in it for the past few months. what's the latest news?

Quote Originally Posted by roberev View Post
    Four things that I would like to see from Ball in 2009:

1) A fitted bracelet for the Aviator! A bracelet will stop me from flipping this watch.

2) An affordable classic white dress watch with stick markers. Frederique Constant has come out with a beautiful round-cased dress watch called the Clear Vision, that you can buy for under $1000. I'd like to see a 40mm Ball that is similarly classic-looking, with either stick tubes or applied markers with 10mCi GTLS dots.

3) A 41-43mm thin (12mm) braceleted diver with black external bezel. Ball keeps making these great gadget divers, but still doesn't have a classic, wear-with-everything diver. It doesn't have to look like a Submariner or Planet Ocean, but needs to fit that slot. No chrono, GMT, or thermometer complications. Gold, silver, orange. green, and gray quarter-hour bezel accents need not apply. Black bezel all around.

Rob

2)
    Agree 100%

Quote Originally Posted by chansigril View Post
    what miscommunication?
    It was supposed to be announced at the B&O RR museum event in Baltimore last May. It wasn't. It was a good event overall, but I wouldn't have driven up there if I had known that Ball was not going to follow through.

We were told that the posters to be used for the "reveal" weren't up to snuff. As it turns out, the design had not even been agreed upon between Ball and the B&O. The "announcement" then was pushed to Summer, then Autumn, and now who-knows-when.

My hometown is the site of the first railroad station and I grew up along the B&O line. How can I not be disappointed at the continuing delay?

All that being said, I'm still looking forward to the release of the Royal Blue. . . . and I'm still a huge Ball fan.

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by chansigril View Post
    what miscommunication? i have found precious little information regarding this piece and have been very interested in it for the past few months. what's the latest news?
    Primarily the release date. There was a formal reception in May 2008 at the B&O Museum, yet no "unveiling" or other specifics were released at that time (to the disappointment of many). Then there was an article published in IW magazine this past summer that made statements of fact about the piece, which now appear to be uncertain/undecided. The Little Treasury website still shows it as a "fall 2008" release. Nobody seems to know when it will be released (or if they do, they aren't telling us). In addition to the release date uncertainty, there's also ongoing rumors and speculation about the particulars of the piece itself, at least throughout the WIS community, based on teaser photos that have been released. My personal preference is that we hear nothing further about this piece (or any future pieces, for that matter) until it is finished completely and formally announced. I hate seeing pre-release photos, followed by eleventh hour changes. This might be because I tend to like the pre-release designs better than the final designs, but whatever the case, it's just not fair to the consumer, IMHO.

Regards,
    -Jeff
    Last edited by Timewaster; December 31st, 2008 at 18:17. Reason: I see Rob beat me to it on the explanation.
    Trivia question of the month:
    The history of the Baselworld Watch and Jewellery Show dates back to what year, when there was established the first Schweizer Mustermesse Basel (MUBA) with a special section devoted to watches and jewellery?
    ~Click on my profile and look under my biography for the answer.
    Quote of the month:
    "Give me the perfect oil and I'll make the perfect watch."
    ~ Abraham-Louis Breguet

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information