What's happening with this brand?
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: What's happening with this brand?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

What's happening with this brand?

Everywhere you look thousands of Ball watches are at steep discounts on the grey market. That can't be good news. I've heard rumors from several sources that the brand is in trouble and won't survive. The other rumor is that they are relaunching and dumping old stock and revamping the lineup. I wish the brand well but it really makes you think.

Name:  Screenshot_2019-04-12 Luxury Watches at Discount Pricing Tag Heuer, Baume Mercier, Rolex, Patek .png
Views: 450
Size:  379.1 KB

Name:  Screenshot_2019-04-12 Ball Watches.png
Views: 443
Size:  433.9 KB
    CollectorS likes this.
    Regards,

Richard

Re: What's happening with this brand?

Quote Originally Posted by Cybotron View Post
    Everywhere you look thousands of Ball watches are at steep discounts on the grey market. That can't be good news. I've heard rumors from several sources that the brand is in trouble and won't survive. The other rumor is that they are relaunching and dumping old stock and revamping the lineup. I wish the brand well but it really makes you think.

Name:  Screenshot_2019-04-12 Luxury Watches at Discount Pricing Tag Heuer, Baume Mercier, Rolex, Patek .png

Which website is this?

Looks like Jomas--pretty much the usual suspects, old stock (some VERY old), several that never sold well (such as the BMW and other special editions), and a few nice pieces which they over produced--limited numbers of course, and represents less than a quarter of Ball's current line up. Conjecture all you want, but pretty much business as usual (and the key word in the listing above is "up" (to 75%)--almost none of them actually are)--and remember, this is based on the Ball's high suggested retail numbers--not the numbers that even Ball usually sell them at.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by TheSacredSoul View Post
    Which website is this?
    Gemnation and Jomashop

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Regards,

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by Cybotron View Post
    Everywhere you look thousands of Ball watches are at steep discounts on the grey market. That can't be good news. I've heard rumors from several sources that the brand is in trouble and won't survive. The other rumor is that they are relaunching and dumping old stock and revamping the lineup. I wish the brand well but it really makes you think. [IMG class=inlineimg]https://forums.watchuseek.com/images/smilies/think.gif[/IMG]

I'm sensing that the latter may be happening, judging by some of the little snippets and previews I've been seeing popping up. Also, with the in-house movement and the introduction of 904l steel, it kinda makes sense. We shall see.
    Cybotron likes this.

Jomashop always tries to dump a number of older models, in large quantities it seems lately.
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

"The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein

Got some insight from 2x Ball ADs. Very recently, Ball SA parted ways with their US distributor, who was based in Florida, and was the sole USDM distro point.

Apparently, and this is all hearsay, the distributor wasn't following AD rules and may have been selling NOS to grey market dealers, and overall wasn't keeping up with the proper sales channels.

This aligns with what we've seen in the large influx of older pieces as well as Ball's decision to move a lot of their new pieces to their online store for limited time "introduction" sales (Aero GMT, etc), which also limited new models to US ADs.

Ball has re-established US sales channels through direct-to-Switzerland US contacts and supposedly new models will arrive late Q2 2019.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Recent Acquisitions:
    - 114060 no date SubC
    - PAM 692 BMG-TECH 3 day
    - Milus Tirion TriRetrograde

Quote Originally Posted by IronHide View Post
    Got some insight from 2x Ball ADs. Very recently, Ball SA parted ways with their US distributor, who was based in Florida, and was the sole USDM distro point.

Apparently, and this is all hearsay, the distributor wasn't following AD rules and may have been selling NOS to grey market dealers, and overall wasn't keeping up with the proper sales channels.

This aligns with what we've seen in the large influx of older pieces as well as Ball's decision to move a lot of their new pieces to their online store for limited time "introduction" sales (Aero GMT, etc), which also limited new models to US ADs.

Ball has re-established US sales channels through direct-to-Switzerland US contacts and supposedly new models will arrive late Q2 2019.

Very interested information. Thanks for sharing.
    IronHide likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by IronHide View Post

Interesting theory, but I wonder how accurate it is, or, at least what the rest of the story is--also not really sure what you mean by "US distributor" as Ball USA is essentially an entire business unto itself, with many of their own US-only models, and a branch (the largest, I believe) of Ball SA. Jeff Hess, CEO of Ball USA, located in St. Petersburg, FL, and owner of Old Northeast Jewelers, didn't mention anything about this in his last interview referencing Ball in January (Ball USA headquarters is also located, conveniently, in St. Petersburg)--time will tell, I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by timefleas View Post
    Interesting theory, but I wonder how accurate it is, or, at least what the rest of the story is--also not really sure what you mean by "distribution center" as Ball USA is essentially an entire business unto itself, a branch of Ball SA. Jeff Hess, CEO of Ball USA, located in St. Petersburg, FL, and owner of Old Northeast Jewelers, didn't mention anything about this in his last interview referencing Ball in January (Ball USA headquarters is also located, conveniently, in St. Petersburg)--time will tell, I suppose.
    One of the ADs said this happened in late Feb of this year.

Recent Acquisitions:
    - 114060 no date SubC
    - PAM 692 BMG-TECH 3 day
    - Milus Tirion TriRetrograde

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information