Who else likes this one?

Thread: Who else likes this one?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Who else likes this one?

Anyone know if a DLC bracelet is in the works? And if this verysion will be available in SS anytime in the near future... I'm jonesing again!!!!

p.s. Is that a deployant clasp I detect?
    Marc Levesque
    @MarcTime2watch
    MyTime2watch.blogspot.com

Re: Who else likes this one?

Quote Originally Posted by Time2watch View Post

Anyone know if a DLC bracelet is in the works? And if this verysion will be available in SS anytime in the near future... I'm jonesing again!!!!

p.s. Is that a deployant clasp I detect?
    We're still holding off on DLC bracelets for now. The DLC case with rubber strap is the only option planned. It's available with pin buckle or deployant clasp.

I'm really leaning towards the gold accent version!

...needs to update his signature line.
    July 08 Newsletter: New World Record for Guillaume Néry, Diver GMT, Aviator
    Baselworld 2008 Newsletter: Guillaume Néry, Trieste Chronograph, Moonlight Special
    Click to view the BALL Engineer Master II Diver TMT.

Yeah, there's something about the gold and black combo!
    Marc Levesque
    @MarcTime2watch
    MyTime2watch.blogspot.com

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

VTC

Oh yes....definitely black and gold :)
    Attached Images Attached Images

I have the gold and black model, and I absolutely LOVE IT!!!! I have the the deployant clasp. It wears very comfortably. Accuracy slipped somewhat after about a week, but I suspect that was just because power reserve was low at the time that I checked. I haven't tested it in awhile.

I thought I heard that a DLC bracelet is not viable, because it essentially scratches itself? Something like that.

Regards,
    -Jeff
    Trivia question of the month:
    The history of the Baselworld Watch and Jewellery Show dates back to what year, when there was established the first Schweizer Mustermesse Basel (MUBA) with a special section devoted to watches and jewellery?
    ~Click on my profile and look under my biography for the answer.
    Quote of the month:
    "Give me the perfect oil and I'll make the perfect watch."
    ~ Abraham-Louis Breguet

one of my favorite releases of 08, also in the Black and Gold!
    kind regards,

scott

vintage and obscure watch lover

Both are very cool

All...

Like Ballwatch said, according to a msg I received from Ball St Pete on Monday of this week, no matching DLC bracelet is in the works for the forseeable future, and given the world economy, I'm not holding my breath on that one.

I've yet to see one in person and will withold judgement until I've done so, but like everyone else, the gold face seems the clear choice based just on available pics. I wonder if Timewaster had a chance to see/handle both before purchasing the gold watch? If so, would certainly appreciate any insight he could share with us on pros and cons. Has anyone else actually seen one?

Regards To All From Colorado,

Tony

I wonder if Timewaster had a chance to see/handle both before purchasing the gold watch?
    Hey Tony. I only held the gold accent watch in person prior to buying, as that was the only piece I was interested in of the two. The minute I saw the release photo from Baselworld, I was sold. Then it was pretty much just a waiting game until they got to the US. I was also considering the Trieste, and had tried that one on as well, but this GMT was my choice. So unfortunately, I can't tell you how the gold accent compares with the silver accent model on the GMT. Its interesting, as I had ALMOST made the decision to get the TMT ltd edition, but decided to wait to see what was revealed at Basel (my philosophy is, never buy a watch in Feb. or March! )

BTW, I have no clue how to post pics, or I surely would. I'll see if I can figure that out soon.

Regards,
    -Jeff
    Last edited by Timewaster; November 12th, 2008 at 01:22.
    Trivia question of the month:
    The history of the Baselworld Watch and Jewellery Show dates back to what year, when there was established the first Schweizer Mustermesse Basel (MUBA) with a special section devoted to watches and jewellery?
    ~Click on my profile and look under my biography for the answer.
    Quote of the month:
    "Give me the perfect oil and I'll make the perfect watch."
    ~ Abraham-Louis Breguet

Jeff...

Thanks for the additional info. Where are you located and I'm guessing from your post that you purchased the watch locally?

This (EM II Diver GMT) would be my 1st Ball though not my 1st Ball purchase. We gave our daughter a Lady Conductor w/white pearl face for her college graduation last month. Called every dealer in the States trying to find one and finally found & purchased it from Rob w/Keller & George in Charlottesville, VA. Seamless transaction topped off by assistance from Jerry S with Ball in St. Pete who swapped out the white leather strap it came w/for the stainless steel bracelet we wanted. Anyhow, both we and our daughter were very pleased with the watch.

I have a Sinn U2, a Kobold SMG and a white faced Explorer II so you can tell I really like to have a 2nd time-zone capability in my watches. I hope to check Right Time, the Denver Ball dealer, this week-end in hopes they will have one of the two EM II Diver GMTs in-stock. I wonder if the differences in face coloration (silver/gold) in any way affect the watches readability when viewed in a dark room? That's one of the reasons I was hoping you'd had the opportunity to see both Jeff. Also, is this you only Ball watch?

Thanks, and I hope all will have a good day!

Rgeards From Colorado,

Tony

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information