Will Ball keep the ETS movements?

Thread: Will Ball keep the ETS movements?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Will Ball keep the ETA movements?

Just a question I have rolling in my head after watching another watch show and telling me how hard it is to get ETA movements nowdays. If it is so hard to get for large companies how is Ball going to handle this. Will they always have ETA movements in them or are they going to Seleta or some other company. I guess I would like to know so if I am going to get one is it better to buy now with the swiss ETA movements so wait and chance getting a lesser known movement by Seleta or someone else.
    Last edited by Kenage; August 21st, 2007 at 06:18. Reason: Wrong company name

Re: Will Ball keep the ETS movements?

I understand Ball is working on their Calibre (movement) now. I dont think Swatch is stopping the supply of ETA completely in any case. (Just the blank ebauches if I am not mistaken).

Ball will be releasing it's own Calibre movement next year. Since ETA was trying to slow down sales of ebauches to companies outside of the Swatch group, Ball is also working with other movement manufactures to get thier movements. As of right now, all Ball watches are using ETA of Valjoux movements, highly decorated and finished of course.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

So since the Diver has a solid case back will the movement name be on the caseback or on the box or papers? Not that I have a problem with what is inside the watch, I would just like to know when I purchase my Ball Diver. Thanks for the reply obie.

Quote Originally Posted by obie View Post
    Ball will be releasing it's own Calibre movement next year. Since ETA was trying to slow down sales of ebauches to companies outside of the Swatch group, Ball is also working with other movement manufactures to get thier movements. As of right now, all Ball watches are using ETA of Valjoux movements, highly decorated and finished of course.
    Excellent! I'm glad that they're taking the plunge and making their own movements, rather than going with the iffy reliability of a Selita. I'll be keeping an eye out for an "in house" Ball next year!
    Stuck in landlocked Atlanta.
    My divers:
    Ball Engineer Hydrocarbon White "Mad Cow"
    Doxa Sub750T Caribbean
    Stowa Seatime ProDiver (Black)
    Seikos: 6105, 6309, 7002, 7S26, and 6R15 Divers
    G Shocks: DW5600, DW6100, DW6600, DW9000, G9000 Mudman, G9100 Gulfman, MTG900, GW200 Frogman, GS1000 Giez and a dozen more!

As I said, as of right now, and probably for awhile, Ball will be using ETA and Valjoux movements. As Ball designs their own movements, it will be announced, and I am sure everyone buying a watch will know what is inside. The Ball Caliber will be out next year for the 1st new all Ball movement.

Thanks for the response obie. Do you have any pics of what the Caliber will look like? Just want to note that I trust Ball and do not think they would try to pull one over, but I would just like to know what movement is inside the watch I buy. Not that I am a movement snob or anything.

Currently Ball Trainmaster TMT employs Ball Calibre 9018. I am sure there will be more news on their new Calibres in time. 3 things I know are;

1) Ball have a history and reputation to keep on precision timing as the "Official RR Standard".
    2) Ball's new movement will remain high quality Swiss so that they maintain "Swiss Made" status.
    3) Ball have carved a name on making watches that are reliable and accurate, I do not see them using inferior movements.

So I would not worry that future model of Ball watches will offer less.

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by bullosa View Post
    Currently Ball Trainmaster TMT employs Ball Calibre 9018. I am sure there will be more news on their new Calibres in time. 3 things I know are;

1) Ball have a history and reputation to keep on precision timing as the "Official RR Standard".
    2) Ball's new movement will remain high quality Swiss so that they maintain "Swiss Made" status.
    3) Ball have carved a name on making watches that are reliable and accurate, I do not see them using inferior movements.

So I would not worry that future model of Ball watches will offer less.

Cheers!
    I agree - I don't see Ball taking shortcuts - they've put too much into the resurrection process to blow it with some attempt sleight of hand.
    Cheers,
    Gerry

Ball Hydrocarbon GMT I, Baume & Mercier Worldtimer, Blancpain Fifty Fathoms, IWC Aquatimer Chrono Blue & Orange,Omega SMP, Rolex Gmt-Master II BNLR, Tag Heuer Monaco Gulf Special, Zenith El Primero Stratos Flyback Striking 10th

No worries... I have heard that they have hired some talent from major movement manufactures.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information