Winding Issue

Thread: Winding Issue

Winding Issue

I have recently noticed that my Trainmaster Power Reserve makes a clicking sound when I manually wind it clockwise. It may have done this before, but frankly I don't remember it. Secondly, when I am depressing the crown to screw it in, it continues clicking and winding the mainspring (you can tell because the power reserve meter reading continues to increase). It has a 2897 movement which I understand is a 2892 with a power reserve complication added. I have two other watches with base 2892 movements (a 2894 with a chronograph and 2893 with a GMT complication) and neither clicks when wound.

Can anyone shed light on this? Is it normal, and in my advancing age have just forgot this behavior?

Thanks!

Re: Winding Issue

Normal, that's the clutch protecting from over winding. But doing it frequently will require more regular service Intervals... My dlc just went in for service after about 3 years of daily wear... My 1st eta movement that's ever needed service.. Ever.. And I've owned a lot of watches..

Quote Originally Posted by jjlwis1 View Post
    Normal, that's the clutch protecting from over winding. But doing it frequently will require more regular service Intervals... My dlc just went in for service after about 3 years of daily wear... My 1st eta movement that's ever needed service.. Ever.. And I've owned a lot of watches..
    Interesting but wonder why my other 2892 base movements don't experience the same clutch noise?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Ball Watch, Bremont and Longines moderator samanator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gtuck View Post
    Interesting but wonder why my other 2892 base movements don't experience the same clutch noise?
    Do the others have display backs or are they more sealed metal backed watches? I have 4 Omega's with 85xx variants in each. None sound or wind the same. You would never believe the PO and the Ploprof had the same movement since they feel and sound so different from each other. I say this to show the case alone can make a movement feel totally different.
    Michael
    BALL Watch, Bremont and Longines Moderator

My wife buys dogs and I buy watches and to date I have never stepped in watch poop!

Quote Originally Posted by samanator View Post
    Do the others have display backs or are they more sealed metal backed watches? I have 4 Omega's with 85xx variants in each. None sound or wind the same. You would never believe the PO and the Ploprof had the same movement since they feel and sound so different from each other. I say this to show the case alone can make a movement feel totally different.
    You're right Michael--they both have metal case backs. That would certainly explain it. Thank you.

Thread Information