Would like advice, guidance, or assistance

Thread: Would like advice, guidance, or assistance

Would like advice, guidance, or assistance

I am new to the watch arean I guess you can say. For the past few months I have been looking at higher end watches and found Ball watches and that is how I actually found this site. Honestly I prefer the diver styled watches because that is what I like, but since I have never dived in my life, would like something that is waterproof, durable as heck, and can stand hard use and abuse. I live in VA and have been trying to find a store that sells Ball watches, but really havent been able to find anything. Is there anyone here on this site that can point me in the right direction. I dont want to spend a fortune, but I do know that Ball watches are also higher end watches.

Thanks in advance.

PF

Re: Would like advice, guidance, or assistance

What part of Virginia?

Here is the list of dealers within 500 miles of Richmond..

You can go to the locate dealer section of www.ballwatchusa.com and plug in your zip code as well to find a dealer near you...

Peter Alexander
    www.peteralexanderjewelers.com
    Map and Directions
    11800 West Broad St.
    Suite 2212
    Richmond, VA 23233
    804-377-0000 5.3 Miles

Veras Fine Jewelry
    Map and Directions
    16701 Midlothian Tpk
    Midlothian, VA 23113
    804.794.5671 8 Miles

Keller and George
    www.kellerandgeorge.com
    Map and Directions
    1149 Millmont St
    Charlottesville, VA 22903
    434.293.5011 62.4 Miles

Charles Schwartz 1400 F
    Map and Directions
    1400 F Street NW
    Washington, DC 20004
    202-737-4757 94.8 Miles

Charles Schwartz Wisconsin
    Map and Directions
    5300 Wisconsin Ave NW
    Washington, DC 20015
    202-363-5432

Hello PF,

Like you, I do not dive, I snorkel sometimes, but I do not dive. That said, I have owned almost EVERY dive watch out there. From an IWC Aquatimer, to a Rolex Seadweller and everything in between. It just happens to be my favorite type of watch. I love the fact that it can go places I can only dream of. I also like the fact that if I ever fall into a pool, or overboard when fishing, the watch will be safe.

Obie has provided a few good possibilities for Authorized dealers in around Richmond. If I were you, I would go to the ball site and enter your zip code, this may help you find a closer dealer.

One thing's for sure, these watches are made to withstand anything you can throw at them. I sure hope you can find one that suits your taste. I am sure you will LOEV it once you get your hands on one.

Happy hunting and WELCOME to our forum!

Please take the time to share with us your experience,
    Marc Levesque
    @MarcTime2watch
    MyTime2watch.blogspot.com

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Time2watch View Post
    Hello PF,

Like you, I do not dive, I snorkel sometimes, but I do not dive. That said, I have owned almost EVERY dive watch out there. From an IWC Aquatimer, to a Rolex Seadweller and everything in between. It just happens to be my favorite type of watch. I love the fact that it can go places I can only dream of. I also like the fact that if I ever fall into a pool, or overboard when fishing, the watch will be safe.

Obie has provided a few good possibilities for Authorized dealers in around Richmond. If I were you, I would go to the ball site and enter your zip code, this may help you find a closer dealer.

One thing's for sure, these watches are made to withstand anything you can throw at them. I sure hope you can find one that suits your taste. I am sure you will LOEV it once you get your hands on one.

Happy hunting and WELCOME to our forum!

Please take the time to share with us your experience,
    Thanks guys for the assist. I actually live close to Richmond so i will be checking that area out. I havent even handled a Ball watch yet and love them. What kind of scares me though is the price, but you get what you pay for.

Oh, are all Ball watches to some effect water proof? I was wondering since I may fall off a boat, or have it come in contact with H2O at some point and dont want to worry. Oh, as for the battery life, how long do they last. What actually got me looking at watches is that I took 2 of my watches to get batteries, and when I got them back the person who worked on them told me that they are no longer rated to the depth that was indicated on the back since the watch was opened up. To get it back to pre-battery change condition I had to send both watches to whom ever certifies the watch to indicated pressurized depth. I hope that with these I dont have to worry about that.

I almost hate to telll you this, but Ball Watch is no where near expensive. Several of my Patek's or IWC's cost more than five of six Ball Watches. Then a couple of the UN's I have are six figure time pieces, so a $2,000 watch is on the LOW end in self winding time pieces.

Hi PF,

All of the Ball watches sold in the U.S. are mechanical. Which means, they do not use batteries. In a nutshell, while you are wearing the watch a tiny weight is swung in circles in side the watch. That weight winds a tiny spring. When that sping unwinds itself it generates the energy needed to power the watch. It's a little more complicated than that, but that's pretty much the jist of an automatic watch.

You will NEVER need to change a battery. of course, this does not mean your Ball watch will not need service. It is recommended to have the watch "serviced" every 4-5 years. A mechanical movement is like a car engine. It requires lubricant to keep the metal parts working smoothly. Over time, these lubricants breakdown and need to be "changed". in essence, your Ball watch will need it's oil changed. At the same time, the servcie center will most likely changed the rubber gaskets that keep your watch water-resistant. they are made of a soft rubber/synthetic compound, which with time, exposure to water, shower soap, sweat wear down and need replaceing. The latter is the same with quartz watches.

All of the above servicing and water-resistance testing can be performed at the ball service center in the U.S. It is in St-Pete, Floriday if I am not mistaken. It should not take long, nor should it be expensive.

You are correct in saying you get what you pay for. In the case of ball watches, yo get MUCH MORE than you pay for. I hev been around watches for MANy years and to date i have not found another company that offers so much for so little.

I think you also also about water-resistant ratings. Most Ball watches are rated to at least 100m. I know that ALL sports models are. Some dressier models are only resistant to 50m, which should be anough for rain storms and such, but should not be worn when swimming or showering. You had mentionned dive watches. Their diver's are WR to a minimum of 300m.

I hope this has been helpful. Please feel free to ask as many questions as you like. We are here to help.

Warm regards,
    Marc Levesque
    @MarcTime2watch

Agreed, but keep in mind, to the general non-WIS public anything over 500$ is expensive for a watch. Especially when you can go to a Seiko outlet store and pick-up a Seiko diver for under $200, which is great value in itself.
    Marc Levesque
    @MarcTime2watch

Richmond! That makes three of us here that I know of.

The Ball Museum tour is coming to town TWICE over the next 5 weeks. This'll be our chance to see more of the Ball line-up in person. Ball reps, (and Mr. Hess, I hear) will be there. Your timing couldn't be better!

PM sent.

Rob

Thanks guys for all the info. Wow, since Ball was compared to other watch makers then, they are resonably priced. Thanks again for everyones help. Much appreciated.

patriotfirst

Hi patriotfirst,

Welcome to the Official Ball Watch Company Forum!

Imho, Ball watches are not inexpensive...but they are considerably less expensive than other brands of similarly very high quality, and fit and finish. In other words, Ball watches represent a superb value in very high quality timepieces.

I hope that you'll drop by often, and hang out with us!
    Take care,
    Geoff

Damasko DA36 Black
    Seiko Blue "Sumo" SBDC003
    Enzo Mechana Sub Hatch
    Steinhart Ocean One Vintage
    Casio G-Shock GW-7900B-1
    Casio G-Shock GW-2500B-1A G-Aviator
    Ball Engineer Master II Classic
    Ball Engineer Hydrocarbon Ti "Mad Cow"
    Omega Seamaster Professional 300m LE "America's Cup"
    Seiko Black Monster w/Yobokies Anvil bracelet
    Rolex Datejust Oyster Perpetual SS(wedding gift)

Thread Information