Which would you get?
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Which would you get?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Which would you get?

I've been seriously considering getting a new Ball with their in-house movement. Trying to decide between the Roadmaster M Challenger in 40mm black dial and the Engineer M Marvelight 40mm either blue or black. What does everyone think about these two watches? And which would you choose?

I may have to let my beloved Trainmaster 60 Seconds II go to fund one of these but I think with my very small collection, I'd rather have more of an all-arounder right now.
    Name:  Screenshot_20181103-164521_1541288258633.jpg
Views: 159
Size:  307.5 KBName:  Screenshot_20181103-164427_1541288278938.jpg
Views: 160
Size:  374.6 KB

Re: Which would you get?

Of the two, I would get the Marvelight because I have no use or interest in a diver's bezel and detest Cyclops dates--I like the cleaner look of the Marvelight. That said, though, I wound NOT sell the Trainmaster--it is a better watch by far than both of these, much more distinctive, and can certainly play the role of all-rounder as well as the Marvelight.

I actually do like magnifiers, it’s a personal choice, so to each their own. However, I do not like the location and application of the magnifier in this case. Something feels very disjointed about it, almost like it was an afterthought. Of the 2 you mentioned, the Marvelight gets my vote.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I prefer the Marvelight because I donít have any use for a diverís bezel. I also prefer the RR counterweight on the second hand.

Quote Originally Posted by timefleas View Post
    Of the two, I would get the Marvelight because I have no use or interest in a diver's bezel and detest Cyclops dates--I like the cleaner look of the Marvelight. That said, though, I wound NOT sell the Trainmaster--it is a better watch by far than both of these, much more distinctive, and can certainly play the role of all-rounder as well as the Marvelight.
    You are right that the Trainmaster is more distinctive. My issue is that I'd love to have something with a little more wr. In the future, if I expand my collection more I would probably come back to something like the Trainmaster. Also, I've fallen a little out of love for the day/date, so ideally just a date or no date would be my preference.

What I like about the Roadmaster is the beautiful tapered bracelet and sporty clasp and the dial is pretty balanced even with the cyclops. I do wish it had a ceramic bezel instead of aluminum.

I've always had an interest in the Marvelights, and when they came out with one with in-house movement, I thought I had to have it. The dial is pretty well balanced and really classic looking, although not as original as the Trainmaster. I don't like the non-tapering bracelet as much, although it would look great on many leather straps.

Either way, I've got to decide if I am willing to part with my Trainmaster.

I actually like the original Trainmaster 60 Seconds more than the "II" version for the very reason you state--the original just has the date (and honestly, I would prefer that they had a version with neither day nor date)--but still like both more than the modern big/bold look of both the Roadmaster and the Marvelight. Best of luck.
    Attached Images Attached Images

KoenVw likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by timefleas View Post
    I actually like the original Trainmaster 60 Seconds more than the "II" version for the very reason you state--the original just has the date (and honestly, I would prefer that they had a version with neither day nor date)--but still like both more than the modern big/bold look of both the Roadmaster and the Marvelight. Best of luck.
    Thanks. I too would love to see a 60 Seconds version with no date.

Quote Originally Posted by Elkins45 View Post
    ...I also prefer the RR counterweight on the second hand.
    +1

Roadmaster gets my vote... The 'stick' hands and the lume are just two reasons why it's the better choice. I saw your rail watch and it's a stunner ... I would keep it

I saw your rail watch and it's a stunner ... I would keep it[/QUOTE]
    Thanks. Perhaps you're right, it is a beautiful watch.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information