Yet another H3 watch company.

Thread: Yet another H3 watch company.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Yet another H3 watch company.

I just recently saw another watch company that use H3 tube in their watches-Alexander Christie.:http://www.alexandrechristie.com/.
    I am really wondering if it is justified to make myself buy another BALL watch that uses a common ETA movement and pay thousands SG$ for it. Where the quartz version of H3 tube watch make by other watch company are less than half the price and more accurate... BALL really got to push out their in-house movement to justifiy their watch price. Great after-sale service is definitely a good thing but if a watch is so daxn good you would not even need to send it in for servicing during warrantly period. And as the the H3 tube, many claims that BALL H3 tube are brighter. But you will be shock of by the H3 replacement fee if you every need one as HK side(may not apply to other place) has quoted a customer and the customer make a big fuss over the Hk forum and BALL HK eventually replace it for free as it is still under warrantly...

Re: Yet another H3 watch company.

I'm not sure what your point is? There are a number of watch companies other than Ball using H3 lume - Luminox, Traser, Marathon, Uzi etc. In other words, you don't have to buy a Ball to get the technology, and most quartz watches are going to be cheaper than Swiss mechanicals - you're comparing apples with oranges. As for Ball justifying their price, they don't have to. If you think their watches are too expensive, buy something else! As far as I am concerned, I'm extremely happy with mine and believe I got excellent value for my money.

Quote Originally Posted by Africoz View Post
    I'm not sure what your point is? There are a number of watch companies other than Ball using H3 lume - Luminox, Traser, Marathon, Uzi etc. In other words, you don't have to buy a Ball to get the technology, and most quartz watches are going to be cheaper than Swiss mechanicals - you're comparing apples with oranges. As for Ball justifying their price, they don't have to. If you think their watches are too expensive, buy something else! As far as I am concerned, I'm extremely happy with mine and believe I got excellent value for my money.
    Ditto...
    Because nothing says "you're a loser" more than owning a motivational poster about being a winner.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Another mass produced watch 3atm to 5atm, with ym92 Seiko movements and mineral glass. Kind of hard to compare to a Ball.

It is not an apple to orange comparison. If you ever seen BALL trainman and luminox side by side then you know if it is an apple compare to orange.

i'm a newbie to Ball watches (only have 1) but after searching online and comparing other H3 watches, i find that the others are actually totally incomparable in terms of designs.
    - clouder -

be happy and be healthy!

Quote Originally Posted by clouder View Post
    i'm a newbie to Ball watches (only have 1) but after searching online and comparing other H3 watches, i find that the others are actually totally incomparable in terms of designs.
    Not just design but quality too. But compare to other swiss like ORIS, Longines, and Frederique constant. BALL entry watch price is higher than them. Beside FC has already come out with tourbillion/Longines has already come out with Retrograde movement for master series. For BALL, i personally only see 5-time zone as their most complicated re-work movement. But i guess the luanch of 5-time zone would be some time from now or maybe, maybe not at all given that it is the greedy finanical people that cause the current credit criss...

I feel it is up to Ball to decide on their watches, movements, designs, prices, etc. We then, as consumers have a right to own one, and a right to not own one, seems simple enough. If someone likes another H3 watch better, than they should own it.

Ditto for another watch brand, if you think you can find more of what you are looking for in another brand, than you should get one.
    Last edited by scottw44; November 3rd, 2008 at 06:15.
    kind regards,

scott

vintage and obscure watch lover

Banned

Ball Watch not only has great diminished light dial readability, it is a fine mechanical movement Swiss timepiece. Good realibility, good warrenty, value in second sale.
    Last edited by TMW; November 2nd, 2008 at 23:17. Reason: edited per forum rules.

Like Iceheller says though, there really is no comparison.

Jeff
    Last edited by TMW; November 3rd, 2008 at 04:42.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information