103 ti TESTAF lume triangle pip lost

Thread: 103 ti TESTAF lume triangle pip lost

Unhappy 103 ti TESTAF lume triangle pip lost

Hello, fellow SINN owners. I just noticed the triangle lume pip was missing on my 103 ti TESTAF.
    Has anyone had this happen and how did you fix the problem?
    I just emailed RGM asking if a new pip can be bought and shipped to me.
    Any comments welcomed!
    lume pip missing 2 by toypoodleKimi, on Flickr
    Last edited by wongthian2; June 6th, 2018 at 11:38.

Re: 103 ti TESTAF lume triangle pip lost

Sorry, I can’t help at all. But I’d be very interested in knowing how they handle the missing pip. Please keep us updated

Daniel

Just got notice from a Vikki....
    Hello. I am currently out of the office and will return Monday, June 11th. Please note that our database is currently receiving some maintenance work, so it may take a few days for me to respond to update requests. Thank you for your patience.

Best regards,

Vikki Stark
    RGM Watch Co.
    801 W. Main St.
    Mount Joy, PA 17552

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Sorry can't help either but I hope it all works out for you.

Aren’t you in Japan? Why would you contact RGM instead of Sinn or one of the Japanese ADs?

Quote Originally Posted by CGSshorty View Post
    Aren’t you in Japan? Why would you contact RGM instead of Sinn or one of the Japanese ADs?
    Well, I don't speak Japanese. 2) I would have to locate a SINN AD and nogotiate the train system.
    3) Japan charges rather high for everything!
    4) Best service is either USA or Germany. Fastest response IMO is dealing with USA. They know how to do business!
    5) Japanese follow the book religiously. For instance, years ago I bought a used Omega Polaris and the tiny knob on the folding clasp
    snapped off. A friend took it to the Osaka Omega service depot and was told they would have to order the whole clasp.
    Then I got lucky and found a 83 year old watchmaker who had been an authorized dealer. He looked at the problem, went over to some of his professional tool boxes, fabricated a knob and charged me $5.00. I would only use him to service my watches but now he is 87?
    For lots of things the wife and I order from the USA. They have more variety and ship often free service. (wife is Japanese)
    6) Japanese love Euro products as BMWs, Mercedes, Fiat, Omega, SINN. But the Japanese are rather stiff and formal in service. I took my Omega X33 in to the AD in my city and they had to charge me minimum $100 , as stated in their price list, for a battery change!!! I then went to the electronics store selling high end watches and they shipped the Omega to a watchmaker in the next prefecture city. Cost?
    $10 service charge and 20 bucks for the battery change. The X33 is all titanium with small ti screws in the caseback, so I did not try changing the battery myself.

Rather long winded explanation. But, many foreigners have no idea how the Japanese function. Being Canadian, I have had 15 years to observe the society. Formal watch fixing I would rather have a USA professional do it.

In the case of owning and wanting work done on a vintage Seiko diver, Japan does not stock old parts. But several fellows in the USA do !!! A special NIKON lens cost $1600 here, but in Vancouver Canada (my home city) they sell it for $1300.00. So, I bought it through my friend...saving $300.
    Last edited by wongthian2; June 11th, 2018 at 22:44.

RGM does not ship to Japan.....so my 103 remains without lume pip...

Perhaps a friend in the states or Canada could buy the pip and send it to you? Assuming they sell just the pip... I personally wouldn’t have an issue super glueing a pip in myself if it would save me $100’s.

Daniel

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Hunt View Post
    Perhaps a friend in the states or Canada could buy the pip and send it to you? Assuming they sell just the pip... I personally wouldn’t have an issue super glueing a pip in myself if it would save me $100’s.

Daniel
    Well, I hate to bother others, though your idea is good. I was going to super glue the pip but RGM does not send to Japan....:(......
    I will leave it for now....

Thread Information