140st Space Chronograph
Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By egwatchfan
  • 1 Post By DaveandStu
  • 2 Post By Kurt Koerfgen
  • 2 Post By DaveandStu

Thread: 140st Space Chronograph

140st Space Chronograph

Working on acquiring another Sinn. Torn between the EZM10 and the cool 140 st. I have found much info and pics in regards the the EZM10, but for the 140 st pics and info appears slightly less forthcoming.
    Inqueirng as to opinions on the 140st and some live in the real world photos of the 140st if possible.
    When some a wild-eyed 8 foot tall maniac grabs your neck, taps the back of your favorite head up against the bar room wall and he looks you crooked in the eye and he asked you if you’ve paid your dues, you just stare that big sucker right back in the eye and you remember what ol’ Jack Burton always says at a time like that: Have you paid your dues Jack? “Yessir the check is in the mail”

Current lineup: ROLEX 126600 Sea-Dweller red-Line. Casio GPR-B1000. Seiko SKX007. Casio PRW-2500. Casio PAW-1500.

Re: 140st Space Chronograph

I can tell you that after handling both in person, the 140 st is waaaaaaaaaay cooler IMO. The ezm10 will probably make a better watch for daily wear, but if you have a couple of other watches that you enjoy for regular wear and what to add something that's quirky and totally different, the 140 is an absolute stunner. If it weren't so expensive I'd own one.
    Scout likes this.

I've had a EZM 10...since the testaf was released...that 140st is very cool, you aren't going to miss out on one hell of a piece if you choose the 10 though.
    It's very hypnotic to wear and tough as...
    Great dilemma to have mate..
    Good luck
    Dave

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    Scout likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

When Sinn announced the EZM 10 I was one of the first ones to place an order.
    Sinn seemed to have put everything into this watch that the company was proud of.
    But during the many months that I was waiting for my EZM 10 to be assembled, I started having second thoughts.

Because of all the additions that Sinn put into the watch the EZM 10 turned out to be one of the most expensive Sinn pilot chronographs in their line-up, the wait was growing longer and longer while Sinn was ironing out some technical issues, and looking at a pre-production EZM 10 in their Frankfurt store the dial was fairly small in relationship to the overall size and the watch design looked more cramped than what I consider ideal.
    Not unlike buying a care and specifying the extras, I looked at the EZM 10 and asked myself which of these extras I really needed and whether they were worth the extra cost.

To me, a watch needs to be visually appealing, but more than anything else it needs to make it easy to reliably tell the time.

So in the end I cancelled the order and went with a different model.

By comparison, the 140 appeals to me much more and goes back a long way to the 140/142 Sinn models, way before the often cited Reinhard Furrer D1 space mission.
    I am lucky enough to own several going back to the very early ones, including some that came with the earlier Lemania 5100 movement.
    It is a visually appealing model, with a clean uncomplicated dial that makes reading the time easy.
    It does not have half as many “extras” that Sinn puts into the EZM 10, but looking at it and wearing it, it is exactly what I need.

In fact, I am wearing one right now.

K.
    Last edited by Kurt Koerfgen; April 28th, 2019 at 04:46.
    Scout and egwatchfan like this.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.

Bertrand Russell

I take on board Kurt's comments,and understand how waiting can be a killer for a piece.
    I believe the EZM9 is such a pure clear dial from a EZM10 base...but to me this piece is very legible ....in day or night.
    That is to me any way..horses for courses..I have enjoyed seeing members post their 140st...vig2000 from memory plus andis...they are a very desirable piece..

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    Scout and Spring-Diver like this.

Very insightful friends, thank you!
    When some a wild-eyed 8 foot tall maniac grabs your neck, taps the back of your favorite head up against the bar room wall and he looks you crooked in the eye and he asked you if you’ve paid your dues, you just stare that big sucker right back in the eye and you remember what ol’ Jack Burton always says at a time like that: Have you paid your dues Jack? “Yessir the check is in the mail”

Current lineup: ROLEX 126600 Sea-Dweller red-Line. Casio GPR-B1000. Seiko SKX007. Casio PRW-2500. Casio PAW-1500.

Thread Information