142st II / SZ01

Thread: 142st II / SZ01

142st II / SZ01

finally got a good look at the 142 st II and i have to say it sure looks like
    this could be the new SZ01 movement, not exactly as as thier model for the SZ01. SINN shows the SZ01 as a modified 7750
    but i don't understand why they would want to do that as the 2892-a2
    has allways been a nicer mvmt in my experience and
    modified with dubois depraz has been a very successfull combination with apparently super durability and accuracy. any other thoughts about this?

gra

Re: 142st II / SZ01

Quote Originally Posted by dirtvictim
    finally got a good look at the 142 st II and i have to say it sure looks like
    this could be the new SZ01 movement, not exactly as as thier model for the SZ01. SINN shows the SZ01 as a modified 7750
    but i don't understand why they would want to do that as the 2892-a2
    has allways been a nicer mvmt in my experience and
    modified with dubois depraz has been a very successfull combination with apparently super durability and accuracy. any other thoughts about this?
    was the 142II impressive in flesh??? whats your impression?

modular chrono movements (sunch as the 2892/DD used by sinn) tend to be a little 'flimsy'....the time telling minute hand on anonimo and a few ap offshore that i handled 'moved' fractionally when starting/stopping the chrono functions...but the chrono pushers were super smooth to operate though.

i reckon its hard to beat a integrated chrono movement like the 775x when its comes to all round performance....in fact the 775x base is so reliable that ETA build a non chrono version (eta 2000?).... i heard its a pain to service the 775x series though

Someone will have to confirm, but I recall reading somewhere that recent 2892 modules are riveted (?) rather than screwed on so if there is a problem, they are harder to work on. :-S

Anyways, I imagine Sinn watchmakers know their way around the 7750 very well...

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

The 7750 is a much more robust base movement than the 2892 ... plus the Dubois-Depraz module doesn't permit a digital date indication.
    Cheers,

Martin ("Crusader")

Quote Originally Posted by gra
    was the 142II impressive in flesh??? whats your impression?
    well i really love the fit and finish but i don't much care for the integrated design of the band, and i simply must have a bezel on my watches.

Thread Information