356 vs 756?

Thread: 356 vs 756?

356 vs 756?

I can see that there are cosmetic differences in the number of dials and the faces, but what is the significant difference between the 356 series and the 756 series (comparing a stainless steel UTC watch in each instance)? Is one significantly more reliable or better able to stand rough treatment?
    Thanks a lot,
    David

Moderator Emeritus

Re: 356 vs 756?

The 756 is tegimented for scratch resistency and has an anti-magnetic core protecting the movement for increased anti-magnetic protection.

Much more is available on Sinn watches by googling sinn.de

cheers,
    Tim

I'd also note that 756 is the only chronograph with this unique design identical to aircraft clocks, just like its great maker Helmut Sinn started his career. There is also Bell & Ross with the same "aircraft-clock" design, but I find its big square case too inelegant for a wrist watch. The 356 is more classical pilot watch with a good old design.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

The movement is the same in the 356 and the 756. Other than that, Tim has already said what needs saying. One might add a crystal secured against the loss of outside pressure and the dry capsule in the 756.
    Cheers,

Martin ("Crusader")

Thanks very much!

Now I am pointed in the right direction for comparing the watches.

I've owned a 356 for years and just pulled the trigger on a new 756 two weeks ago. I was looking for something more modern and bought it with the intention of selling my 356. Now, I'm having second thoughts. Don't get me wrong, the 756 is a beautiful watch and it has a lot of pluses to it. But, for me, there is a couple of things that will take some getting used to.

The first is thickness of the watch. Both the 356 and 756 are roughly the same thickness (13mm-14mm). But, the 356 looks thinner. The domed crystal and rounded case back give the 356 a much thinner appearance. The 756 is a bit like a tuna can. The second thing is... well there is no full time functioning second hand on the 756. Not that it makes a difference since you still have the chrono function. But, I kind of miss the constant movement of the second hand. And it makes it harder to monitor the accuracy of the watch. Finally, and maybe it's because I have the 356 on a bracelet and the 756 on leather, I think the 356 looks a little more elegant. The 756 definitely has a tool watch look to it.

The pluses to the 756 really come down to the case and the face. The 756 is much easier to read. Especially at night. The older 356 is still just as bright as the new 756, but the indices are painted on the 756 vs. the numbers on the 356. Since all of the numbers are not displayed on the 356, there are gaps at night. The case is more scratch resistant and has a Titanium color to it which I really like.

I don't have any side by side pics to show. I'm expecting a new U1 this week and had plans to take pics then. If I get the chance I'll post them.
    Last edited by Redhook; August 21st, 2006 at 03:07.

Thread Information