656 quality question

Thread: 656 quality question

656 quality question

Hello folks.

I'm looking to purchase my first high quality everyday watch and after weeks of researching, the 656 is atop the list. It's hard to get that unique look out of my mind. Even my wife likes it which is saying a lot because most all watches bore her to death.

The only thing holding me back is that I read about more quality issues than I would have expected.

So I'd like your opinions on why this might be.

1) Is it because of the sheer volume sold that there might appear to be more complaints while complaint percentage is actually very good?

2) Has QC from the factory somehow declined over the past few years?

3) Perhaps the 656 has always been this way and some quality issues are to be expected with many of them?

I'm also considering the Damasko but I really prefer the minimalist appearance of the 656. I like the look behind the small almost hidden yet functional date design as well. What a great looking daily driver.

Thanks.

Re: 656 quality question

have no fear... the 656 is a great, iconic Sinn watch... and if you're buying one new from an AD you'll have a 2 year warranty to help give you peace of mind...

nice choice and please post some pix when it arrives!

cheers,

Peter

Re: 656 quality question

Quote Originally Posted by jesse111 View Post
    1) Is it because of the sheer volume sold that there might appear to be more complaints while complaint percentage is actually very good?
    -I find that explanation plausible. Of course, any kind of product will have its share of lemons, but I do not think the 656 is any better or worse than any other ETA2824-based watch.

Also - since the movement is what is probably the most ubiquitous one on the planet, any watchmaker will be able to give it a decent service, cutting your service costs (As long as the case/bracelet does not need refinishing, of course).

I'd say go ahead - the understated looks of the 656 is one of my all time favourites!
    --
    -Odd Erling - Aalesund, Norway

Breitling Chrono Shark, Sinn 656, Omegas PlanetOcean 42mm (2201.50), 'Great White' (2538.20) and Speedmaster Professional (3572.50). Incoming: Apollo-Soyuz Speedmaster!

Thread Information