7750 Movement...?

Thread: 7750 Movement...?

7750 Movement...?

I know that the 7750 is notoriously clunky. Maybe clunky is not the best description for it. But to me, if it whizzes, clicks, and whurrs... it's a bit clunky.

When I purchased my first automatic a few years ago, I got a used Sinn 356. I was concerned about the noises it would make at times and asked for some feedback. Everyone said, don't worry about it and that it was normal. Sure enough, the watch has run fine and only occasionally talks back to me.

I just recently purchased a new Sinn 756 and again was surprised again to find that this one likes to talk back all the time. It seems to keep good time and based on my estimate runs 4-5 seconds fast per day. Being that it's relatively new, I know I should let it wear in a little. But, will the watch settle down with age as well?

I don't really don't have an in depth understanding of how a movement works and what it is that's making the noise. But, why would one 7750 be more active then another?

Re: 7750 Movement...?

The "wobble" (assuming that is what you are referring to) comes through differently depending on case size and construction.
    Cheers,

Martin ("Crusader")

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader
    The "wobble" (assuming that is what you are referring to) comes through differently depending on case size and construction.
    Thanks for the info. I guess wobble would be another good description. By construction do you mean construction of the movement or of the watch? Also, would there be a difference between watches in the same model?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Redhook
    Thanks for the info. I guess wobble would be another good description. By construction do you mean construction of the movement or of the watch? Also, would there be a difference between watches in the same model?
    Construction of the watch, not the movement (the 7750s are all the same). And no, there should be no significant difference between watches of the same model.
    Cheers,

Martin ("Crusader")

Don't you like it when they talk back to you?

Quote Originally Posted by Redhook
    I know that the 7750 is notoriously clunky. Maybe clunky is not the best description for it. But to me, if it whizzes, clicks, and whurrs... it's a bit clunky.

When I purchased my first automatic a few years ago, I got a used Sinn 356. I was concerned about the noises it would make at times and asked for some feedback. Everyone said, don't worry about it and that it was normal. Sure enough, the watch has run fine and only occasionally talks back to me.

I just recently purchased a new Sinn 756 and again was surprised again to find that this one likes to talk back all the time. It seems to keep good time and based on my estimate runs 4-5 seconds fast per day. Being that it's relatively new, I know I should let it wear in a little. But, will the watch settle down with age as well?

I don't really don't have an in depth understanding of how a movement works and what it is that's making the noise. But, why would one 7750 be more active then another?

Thread Information