856 bracelet

Thread: 856 bracelet

856 bracelet

Tell me about the bracelet. Do you like it? Comfy? Heavy? Clasp strong but smooth? Pros/cons? If looking for a watch on a bracelet, would you recommend this bracelet or steer away. Lots of threads on the watch itself but not a lot on the bracelet itself.

Re: 856 bracelet

Hi Op. I owned an 856 UTC on bracelet (tegimented) for 5 years before selling it on two years ago. The bracelet was very comfortable and solidly made, very robust feeling - the H-link design is different and shows Sinn being different to other common bracelet types on the market (I'm not saying Sinn are unique in having the H-link).

The bracelet held up very well and had almost no scratches at the time I let it go on parts that would have been exposed to desk diving and general every day activities. The only parts that had wear on were the interfaces that two links come into contact i.e. the joints which you cant really see unless you take the watch off and flex the individual links to expose them.

I would say though combined with the watch head and bracelet the watch does wear quite heavy, also remember it has an iron core so would add some weight compared to watches without. I would definitely say it wore heavier than some of my previous and other current watches.

The clasp was solid - I could be wrong but I felt as though it was definitely milled and not stamped out (like 93150 of older Rolex) and the flip lock closed firmly adding to the robustness of the whole thing. A few micro adjustment holes were available on the clasp if needed, however since the there were enough links adjustable on the bracelet itself with screws that was more than sufficient for me.

I say go for it - it gives the watch a different look than leather, rubber or nylon.

I hope that gives you what you were looking for
    if it seems too good to be true...it usually is.

I appreciate your well thought out response. To be honest, I’m debating the 856 vs a DA36, and see lots of rave reviews on the DA bracelet so wanted to hear about the 856 bracelet

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I had the DA36 but not on bracelet (infact traded the 856 for that) and currently have the DB2 Limited Edition in black. If the case material on the DB2 is something to go by then the bracelet will be very very durable and robust.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

If you don’t mind me asking, why did you trade the 856 for the DA36? Those are the two models I’m looking at

Simply put I got bored of the 856 after 5 years of having just that one watch. That was when my collecting began with the DA36 followed by plenty more. I find the DA36 somewhat sterile even though it has bulletproof specs.

I was looking for something more than just a painted matte dial. In no way does that lessen the appeal of the 856 or DA36 though.

I've recently also bought a pre-owned Sinn 656S in black. I missed the tool watch thing. I'm in construction engineering so the water resistance and magnetic protection helps along with the stealthy look. I hope that helps

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

J4G

Quote Originally Posted by Heffdog116 View Post
    Tell me about the bracelet. Do you like it? Comfy? Heavy? Clasp strong but smooth? Pros/cons? If looking for a watch on a bracelet, would you recommend this bracelet or steer away. Lots of threads on the watch itself but not a lot on the bracelet itself.
    Bracelet is super comfortable in my opinion. The tegmented steel holds up nicely against scratches and bumps. The micro adjustments are nice and the clasp is smooth. Can be a little hot in the summer, but nothing that switching out to a NATO can’t fix.

-J4G

I have an 857, which has the same bracelet. I think it is very comfortable. It's my go to watch.

Btw, I'm not sure why automatic hyperlinks seem to get set up in these posts, but in Heffdog's second post above, click on the "DA36" hyperlink. Haha.

Strange. When I logged in, the hyperlink disappeared. Oh well sorry. It linked to a pair of earrings on Amazon that were shaped like dachshunds.

Thread Information