856 Tegimented: Fourth service is the charm?
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: 856 Tegimented: Fourth service is the charm?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

856 Tegimented: Fourth service is the charm?

As you can tell from my username, I'm a fan. Design-wise, my EZM2 and 856 are pretty much tied for favorite tool watch in the stable.

But...there have been a lot of issues with the 856. Out of the gate (new) it had a stuck date wheel. Sent it to RGM, fixed. Then the hour hand slipped and was about 30 min behind. Sent it to RGM, fixed. A few months later, same thing recurred. Sent to RGM, fixed (this time, I think they got a replacement hand from Sinn). By this time, I am around the two year mark, and my warranty is expired. Then the rotor breaks loose, and the watch stopped. Sent to RGM, fixed-thankfully under warranty. Just got it back today, and I am psyched.

I am not down on RGM. They have been great, and they do a nice job regulating the watch too. But wow, I seem to be unlucky with my Sinns. (My EZM2 had bezel issues twice, and I don't turn it much because I consider it fragile). I don't care because I am so in love with the EZM2. Nothing else like it. I have no such issues with the outside of my 856: the case and bracelet are tough as nails. And the 856 just really does it for me every time I look at it.

Keep your fingers crossed for me guys!

Is it just me?

Name:  Sinn 856 on cordovan.jpg
Views: 107
Size:  1.58 MB

Name:  ezm2-wristshot (1 of 1).jpg
Views: 107
Size:  1.43 MB
    Last edited by born_sinner; February 6th, 2020 at 04:08.
    Spring-Diver likes this.

Re: 856 Tegimented: Third service is the charm?

Does the EZM2 have a captive bezel?

Quote Originally Posted by rdranade View Post
    Does the EZM2 have a captive bezel?
    Don't think so- there is no screw in the side. I think it pops on and off. Definitely not like the T1, T2 and U1000.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

The EZM2 / UX bezel is held on with screws, although the bezel is thinner than that on the U1. The captive bezel on the T series must be pushed down before rotating.

As disappointing as your 856 experience has been, it is unusual, and I hope that your watch has seen the last of the repair bench!

The EZM2 / UX bezel is held on with screws, although the bezel is thinner than that on the U1. The captive bezel on the T series must be pushed down before rotating.

As disappointing as your 856 experience has been, it is unusual, and I hope that your watch has seen the last of the repair bench!

Believe me, there are no screws on the EZM2 bezel. See this thread:

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f24/ch...m2-833529.html

Quote Originally Posted by zenfrogmaster View Post

Re: 856 Tegimented: Fourth service is the charm?

Congratulations on your keeping it for 2 years with the issues it first had. If it had have been me, I would have sold it after the second hand-slip repair. It would have been somehow cursed for me. I'm silly and emotional about my watches though.
    Flippito ergo sum - I flip therefore I am

Quote Originally Posted by johnnmiller1 View Post
    Congratulations on your keeping it for 2 years with the issues it first had. If it had have been me, I would have sold it after the second hand-slip repair. It would have been somehow cursed for me. I'm silly and emotional about my watches though.
    I hear you John. I have this weird thing about watches, and tech too I suppose. Once it is under my supervision, I will make it function correctly. But once the warranty runs out? Not so sure. Really though, I am thinking it is time for the 856 to shine. If it does not I will write to Sinn Germany, and see what they have to say.
    Last edited by born_sinner; February 7th, 2020 at 01:02.

Hi, your really in love with SINN! I appreciate that, not like the guys who sell a thousand $$$ watch only because it needs a fineadjustment ...
    To the 856: It MAY be the case that the hands were not fixed properly during the date-wheel service. Thats not perfect but everybody can make mistakes.
    I do not understand why the rotor broke.... I think now all issues are fixed. Anyway, it may be wise to write to SINN-Service in Germany with your concerns.
    born_sinner likes this.

....just found the mail: The guy sold his U1 it because it was too unprecise :(.
    +6 Sec. for a new SW-200 SINN. The guy tried to get a better one from SINN, they refused. Finally he sold the watch.....crazy.

Here parts of the SINN Statement (from 2015):
    Our SW-200 are TOP-grade-Quality.
    Factory preset is between 0 and +15sec/day for a new watch, it may take up to 6-8 weeks to reach final values. Final values are often between 0 and 6 sec.
    Better regulation is possible but is a extra (app. 80 Dollar).
    born_sinner and Spring-Diver like this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information