857 UTC Testaf or 857 Testaf LH?
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: 857 UTC Testaf or 857 Testaf LH?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 25
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    36

    857 UTC Testaf or 857 Testaf LH?

    I am planning on buying a 857 UTC, and since I find that the white GMT circle makes the dial look too busy, I have decided on the TESTAF version of the 857 UTC.

    I really like the Lufthansa Cargo Limited Edition, but I also feel that it should have had a "6" instead of the plane at the bottom of the dial.

    I am thinking back and forth about this, and I can't make up my mind. I am planning on getting both the leather strap and the bracelet.

    Any thoughts? Any thoughts on the watch itself are also much appreciated.



    Thanks!

    Grand Psyko
    Last edited by Grand Psyko; October 1st, 2014 at 08:29.
    zetaplus93 and CaptRaiden like this.
    Grand Psyko

  2. #2
    Member m6rk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Byron, GA
    Posts
    502

    Re: 857 UTC Testaf or 857 Testaf LH?

    With both watches being basically the same watch, it comes down to your preference between the few differences. I bought the Lufthansa and never looked back. Ok, I'll say it...I really like the little airplane silhouette on the UTC hand, it's just cool! The missing 6 doesn't bother me, in fact, it gives the face a little breathing room with the replacing subdued 777 silhouette. To top it off, it's a limited version. It has the potential to better hold its value in the long run. Oh..one other note, the UTC hand on the non LH can hide completely behind either the hour or minute hand. The wings on the LH UTC hand will just stick out behind which ever hand it's hiding under, indicating where it is. Minutia but never the less....

    So in the end, the LH version has just enough uniqueness to set it apart and I like that.
    Attached Images Attached Images

    Last edited by m6rk; October 1st, 2014 at 12:47.
    ten13th, umarrajs and longstride like this.
    Zodiac Aerospace GMT
    Rolex Explorer II

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    36

    Re: 857 UTC Testaf or 857 Testaf LH?

    Thank you, m6rk! I really appreciate it. The little airplane and the LH-link are the things that make me favour this watch as well.

    Your watch looks great. A few questions if you don't mind: For how long have you had it? Does it wear comfortably? Is it precise? May I ask your wrist size?

    I do not have the opportunity to try it before I buy it, you see.
    Grand Psyko

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Member m6rk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Byron, GA
    Posts
    502

    Re: 857 UTC Testaf or 857 Testaf LH?

    Quote Originally Posted by Grand Psyko View Post
    Thank you, m6rk! I really appreciate it. The little airplane and the LH-link are the things that make me favour this watch as well.

    Your watch looks great. A few questions if you don't mind: For how long have you had it? Does it wear comfortably? Is it precise? May I ask your wrist size?

    I do not have the opportunity to try it before I buy it, you see.
    It just arrived last Saturday. It wears just the right size for my 7 1/2 wrist. The band is of amazing quality but is quite stiff and will take some time to fully break in. As for preciseness, I really haven't had it long enough to check it out but will. Sinn recommends a 12 week break in period before testing the regulation and then it should be within something like 105 seconds over a 7 day period. That's like 15 sec a day. I hope it's better than that. My 856 UTC is about 1 sec off a day.
    Last edited by m6rk; October 1st, 2014 at 14:30.
    Grand Psyko likes this.
    Zodiac Aerospace GMT
    Rolex Explorer II

  6. #5
    Member Fantasio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    60 degrees North
    Posts
    4,196

    Re: 857 UTC Testaf or 857 Testaf LH?

    My favourite would be regular Testaf model with all numerals AND an airplane GMT-hand.

    Wonder if Sinn would make one as a special order.

    Quote Originally Posted by Grand Psyko View Post
    I really like the Lufthansa Cargo Limited Edition, but I also feel that it should have had a "6" instead of the plane at the bottom of the dial.
    Cheers, M

    "Both feet on the floor, two hands on the wheel, may the wind take your troubles away."

    - Son Volt -

  7. #6
    Member ten13th's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    NorCal, USA
    Posts
    4,057

    Re: 857 UTC Testaf or 857 Testaf LH?

    Congrats. That's my favorite 857 variety. The little airplane for GMT hand is a nice touch without been overdone.

    Quote Originally Posted by m6rk View Post
    With both watches being basically the same watch, it comes down to your preference between the few differences. I bought the Lufthansa and never looked back. Ok, I'll say it...I really like the little airplane silhouette on the UTC hand, it's just cool! The missing 6 doesn't bother me, in fact, it gives the face a little breathing room with the replacing subdued 777 silhouette. To top it off, it's a limited version. It has the potential to better hold its value in the long run. Oh..one other note, the UTC hand on the non LH can hide completely behind either the hour or minute hand. The wings on the LH UTC hand will just stick out behind which ever hand it's hiding under, indicating where it is. Minutia but never the less....

    So in the end, the LH version has just enough uniqueness to set it apart and I like that.
    Follow me on Instagram: ten13th
    My watch collection: A mixture of metal, plastic, leather, glass, a few drops of lubricant and a few batteries.

  8. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    36

    Re: 857 UTC Testaf or 857 Testaf LH?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fantasio View Post
    My favourite would be regular Testaf model with all numerals AND an airplane GMT-hand.

    Wonder if Sinn would make one as a special order.
    Great idea! I have sent a mail to them and asked. My guess is they won´t.
    Grand Psyko

  9. #8
    Member Fantasio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    60 degrees North
    Posts
    4,196

    Re: 857 UTC Testaf or 857 Testaf LH?

    Might very well be so, but keep us posted about their reply.

    Quote Originally Posted by Grand Psyko View Post
    Great idea! I have sent a mail to them and asked. My guess is they won´t.
    Grand Psyko likes this.
    Cheers, M

    "Both feet on the floor, two hands on the wheel, may the wind take your troubles away."

    - Son Volt -

  10. #9
    Member ads75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Outside of Philadelphia, Pa.
    Posts
    405

    Re: 857 UTC Testaf or 857 Testaf LH?

    Quote Originally Posted by Grand Psyko View Post
    Great idea! I have sent a mail to them and asked. My guess is they won´t.
    My guess is you will have to buy the special edition. Then, at some point in the future, you can get the watch serviced by Sinn, and ask for the regular dial instead.

  11. #10
    Member m6rk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Byron, GA
    Posts
    502

    Re: 857 UTC Testaf or 857 Testaf LH?

    Quote Originally Posted by Grand Psyko View Post

    Is it precise?

    I do not have the opportunity to try it before I buy it, you see.
    i've been wearing my 857 UTC LH for a week now and it is regularly about 2.5 sec fast per day. So not bad. Break in time is at least a few months. It will be interesting to see where it settles in after that.
    Zodiac Aerospace GMT
    Rolex Explorer II

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Similar Threads

    1. FS: SINN 857 UTC TESTAF $2250 PP, Shipped CONUS
      By Hl247b in forum Watches - Private sellers and Sponsors
      Replies: 19
      Last Post: June 14th, 2015, 23:38
    2. Replies: 24
      Last Post: July 14th, 2014, 08:45
    3. Replies: 5
      Last Post: December 16th, 2013, 18:37
    4. 857 UTC TESTAF LH Cargo
      By stuffler,mike in forum Sinn
      Replies: 4
      Last Post: November 10th, 2013, 20:44
    5. Sinn 857 UTC TESTAF Pre-orders?
      By UltraWatch in forum Sinn
      Replies: 6
      Last Post: August 28th, 2013, 20:41

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •