Achtung new 857 UTC
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Achtung new 857 UTC

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Achtung new 857 UTC

Hello everyone

I am sure I am not the 1st one to get a Sinn but here is my 857 UTC and some quick thoughts.
    The box it came in with was rather underwhelming. I am not one to care so much about boxes but it would really help put a tad bit of effort in the packaging. Makes the watch itself when you open the box stand out even more in my opinion.

Today I was wearing my 45mm Steinhart Triton Dual time and I must say when the Sinn came out of the box I was rather surprised that 43mm/13mm thick would look so small against the Steinhart. Now granted the Sinn is not a diver so not as puck like but it did look small at 1st. Then something odd happened it grew on me and now the size look just right. The watch is rather comfortable to wear as well The dial is very well balanced super easy to read aside form the GMT hand which could use a bit of help to stand out. the gmt black hand even with the yellowish tip is barely noticeable on a black dial.
    Overall I am super pleased even though it did take 3 weeks to get here direct from Germany
    I will be staring at it for a while now so I need to run

Name:  DSCF1198.JPG
Views: 682
Size:  55.3 KB
    Name:  DSCF1194.JPG
Views: 656
Size:  46.4 KB
    Name:  DSCF1199.JPG
Views: 650
Size:  40.5 KB
    Name:  DSCF1205.JPG
Views: 660
Size:  30.4 KB
    Name:  DSCF1200.JPG
Views: 655
Size:  42.3 KB

Re: Achtung new 857 UTC

Well you may not be the first to get an 857, but you're the first (that I've seen) to put it on a tan leather strap like that. I've been obsessed with the 857 for several months, and finally bought one a few days ago - it should be coming in the mail today!

Over the last few days I've sought out numerous pics specifically trying to decide what strap would look best on it. The bracelet is good, but I'm generally not a bracelet guy. I'll try that for a few days to see if it takes. I think black leather is the best option, but I don't like the stock black leather much. I actually bought a strap almost identical to yours (from strappedfortime) but in black and with a deployment clasp. Seeing yours in tan I think I might have to try one out in that color as well, though I think I might opt for a leather NATO (from crowndandbuckle).

Anyway, thanks for the pics!

Rolling eyes Re: Achtung new 857 UTC

Quote Originally Posted by da_breeze View Post
    Well you may not be the first to get an 857, but you're the first (that I've seen) to put it on a tan leather strap like that. I've been obsessed with the 857 for several months, and finally bought one a few days ago - it should be coming in the mail today!

Over the last few days I've sought out numerous pics specifically trying to decide what strap would look best on it. The bracelet is good, but I'm generally not a bracelet guy. I'll try that for a few days to see if it takes. I think black leather is the best option, but I don't like the stock black leather much. I actually bought a strap almost identical to yours (from strappedfortime) but in black and with a deployment clasp. Seeing yours in tan I think I might have to try one out in that color as well, though I think I might opt for a leather NATO (from crowndandbuckle).

Anyway, thanks for the pics!

funny you say this before I bought the 857 I looked around for strap options on WUS and could not find much. I heard no way no room for leather which made no sense since stock it comes w a leather band so I politely ignored the comments . Bracelet just don't work for me and NATO was thrown around quite a bit but I wanted a bit of a less sporty look than NATO. The Sinn leather band is actually too big for me and so stiff to put the end piece into the leather holders or whatever they are called so before you knew it the Sinn band was gone and this very super supple tan leather band was in. I think it works really well with the watch and since I am not going to play in the H20 with it anytime soon I will stick to it :) I bought the band from Panatime and could not be happier with the transaction.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Yeah, it took some digging to find enough pics to help me decide on a strap. They're out there though.

Here's what I ended up with;

Name:  sinnl.jpg
Views: 549
Size:  116.9 KB
    Name:  sinnl2.jpg
Views: 634
Size:  112.3 KB

I do have some nylon NATO straps, but I lost a watch once because the hole for the pin had gotten stretched out, so I won't trust a valuable watch to a nylon NATO anymore, at least not one of those inexpensive ones

The bracelet was actually growing on me, until I swapped it out for the leather just now. I might go back. My daily wear was a Helson Shark Diver so I'm used to the weight, and by comparison the 857 on leather almost seems too light.
    Last edited by da_breeze; August 15th, 2013 at 21:16.
    JPfeuffer and LockedUp like this.

The 857 looks great, congrats!

Oh, and if I had to guess, I'd say Franklin Tennessee.

Laughing Re: Achtung new 857 UTC

Quote Originally Posted by CMSgt Bo View Post
    The 857 looks great, congrats!

Oh, and if I had to guess, I'd say Franklin Tennessee.

Do moderator at large have access to special kind of information
    I do believe that your guess is quite accurate indeed.
    CMSgt Bo likes this.

Yeah, it took some digging to find enough pics to help me decide on a strap. They're out there though.

Here's what I ended up with;

Name:  sinnl2.jpg
Views: 634
Size:  112.3 KB

The bracelet was actually growing on me, until I swapped it out for the leather just now. I might go back. My daily wear was a Helson Shark Diver so I'm used to the weight, and by comparison the 857 on leather almost seems too light.

I like the leather in black with white stitching. I hesitated for a while but figured I would go extreme :)
    by the way what clasp are you using on that leather strap?

I like your tan and black combo, I just figured I'd go a little more conservative with my first strap.

I'm using the matte deployment clasp from StrappedForTime.com - really good prices and great service. Clasp is a little stiff right now, but I think it will get easier to use as it goes. Matches the tone of the tegimented case pretty close to perfect; Matte Stainless Push Button Deployment Buckle Deployant Clasp

I like your tan and black combo, I just figured I'd go a little more conservative with my first strap.

I'm using the matte deployment clasp from StrappedForTime.com - really good prices and great service. Clasp is a little stiff right now, but I think it will get easier to use as it goes. Matches the tone of the tegimented case pretty close to perfect; Matte Stainless Push Button Deployment Buckle Deployant Clasp

thanks for the tip

my advice on a strap is spend a few extra $$ and get a nice custom strap from one of the many good makers around the forum like K-straps or Johnny Torrez or BJStraps or Diaboliq...

you're spending thousands on a watch, why buy a mass-produced strap when you can go custom for a few $ more?

jmho...
    Last edited by gr8sw; August 16th, 2013 at 21:46.
    CMSgt Bo likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information