ADs in HK

Thread: ADs in HK

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

ADs in HK

As above

Anyone know if there is an AD for Sin in HK?

If no, which shops to go to for Sinn??

Thanks

Re: ADs in HK

Eager to know as well. Tomorrow I will be there

Hi martinsun/Hary,

Hong Kong usually is a paradise for shopping, however, not really for SINN or most of the German Watches.

If you do a search on the forum, I am sure this question has been asked before.

The only AD for SINN in HK is called LS Collection. They have multiple locations in HK and usually in more upscale shopping area.

There is no competition on the SINN products and they do charge a premium on the price, I think you might be better off buying it from your local Singapore dealer(s). At least when there is any issues, you are closer to the AD and they will take care of you.

Of course, there is no harm checking the price in HK to compare to Singapore before making your decision.

However, if you are looking for other more popular Swiss brand of watches, then HK is a heaven for buying them.

Hope this helps.

Tommy

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks for the heads-up
    i always thot HK would be good place to buy watches
    especially with no txes being imposed
    got myself a Ball Magnate and saved myself over S$500 dollars when i got it in HK recently

but looks like i'll have to go check the places u mentioned for price comparsion then

a U1 in Sg from AD is abt S$3K now owing to the recent increase

my preliminary check shows that if one is in Germany it is the cheapest especially after claiming the VAT taxes

thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by martinsun View Post
    got myself a Ball Magnate and saved myself over S$500 dollars when i got it in HK recently

Hi martinsun,

Yes, Swiss made watches you can get a good deal. My friend who went back to HK (from Canada) last Christmas for a visit, and he bought a Ball as well. He said that they are very very good priced in HK.

You cannot even buy a used one in North America with the price he paid for brand new in HK.

Good luck in your SINN hunting. I've got all my 3 different SINN used from this forum.

Tommy

Thanks Tommy,

still stuck in HK, plenty of watches as usual, but haven't got time to explore yet. I went to LS collection few years ago, but as you said, their prices were very high

I can confirm this from Tommy's post:
    Quote Originally Posted by tyau View Post
    Hong Kong usually is a paradise for shopping, however, not really for SINN or most of the German Watches.
    The only AD for SINN in HK is called LS Collection. They have multiple locations in HK and usually in more upscale shopping area.
    And may add that the only 2 Sinners I know in HK did buy their watches in Singapore because L/S collection is way overpriced. Expect double the US list price as a rough number. And half of the staff has absolutely no idea about the products they sell (apart from the fact that the products are watches).

Quote Originally Posted by cnmark View Post
    And may add that the only 2 Sinners I know in HK did buy their watches in Singapore because L/S collection is way overpriced. Expect double the US list price as a rough number. And half of the staff has absolutely no idea about the products they sell (apart from the fact that the products are watches).
    At double the US list price, Sinn is not a good buy. Is there this amount of inflation on all luxury products in HK?
    -Steve
    -----------------------------------------------
    Watches:
    Rolex Sub-C 116610
    Tag Heuer AquaRacer Chrono CAF1110
    Autos:
    Jaguar XF 2010
    ------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by pugridiron View Post
    At double the US list price, Sinn is not a good buy. Is there this amount of inflation on all luxury products in HK?
    Sort of... all watch prices in HK are rising. But Sinn is special (and most other German brands), due to the distribution by L/S.

L/S did not start out as watches retailer. They are by origin a high-end home decoration chain, started to do watches as side business, now watches (and overpriced "design"-winders) make up for about 1/3 of the total business.

German brands that can still be had at interesting prices are Hanhart, Chronoswiss, Mühle Glashütte and GO, these 4 are in the hands of different distributors. Forget about Nivrel - yet again another distributor and only 1 AD in HK - the prices would make you faint (up to triple US retail).

For a few other (Swiss Made) brands the "overpriced" also applies, e.g. Ulysse Nardin, Hamilton.

Hi Markus (cnmark),

How are you!? I guess you should have the latest info. regarding the SINN prices in HK since you travel there very often.

Regarding the SINN watches, I happened to walk by the LS Collection at "Tai Koo Sing" shopping center. A very small store, but the sales lady (the one that is a little bit chubbier) noticed the 356 UTC I was wearing (when I asked to see the 656 and 756) and asked if I purchased it in HK.

I told her I got it from US. But she seems knowledgeable. I doubt the store at the more prestige Pacific Place know anything about SINN. . .as you have mentioned, the sales people familiar with the more 'high-end' home decoration stuffs.

One thing, the LS collection do carry U-Boat watch. Personally, I don't really like it since it is way too big for my wrist.

Anyway, some of the more popular SWISS watches are still pretty cheap in HK, like Rolax and Ball for example.

Tommy

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information