Alternatives to paying $250 for Sinn rubber (EZM 3)

Thread: Alternatives to paying $250 for Sinn rubber (EZM 3)

Alternatives to paying $250 for Sinn rubber (EZM 3)

I've just received an EZM 3 that I purchased from a member of this forum. I'm amazed by the quality and loving the look of the watch. It's exactly what I was wanting and even better in person than the many photos online.

The watch came on a Sinn bracelet which is also very nice. However, I definitely prefer straps and this bracelet is so clean I don't want to mess it up "trying it out" since I'll probably resell it and end up with some kind of strap eventually.

The logical alternative is the Sinn silicone rubber strap. For my 6.75 wrist the small clasp seems to be the preferred version.

I see silicone straps with clasps online starting at $40. The Sinn rubber with small deployment is currently $250. Are there any other rubber straps that are worthy alternatives?

Thomas
    Last edited by t3hite; September 9th, 2013 at 00:23.

Re: Alternatives to paying $250 for Sinn rubber (EZM 3)

You can use the large clasp, but with a 6.75" wrist, you will basically have to cut off all but one of the strap segments.

There are a lot of alternate rubber straps to choose from. One of the most popular (and my favorite) is the Isofrane strap, but be aware that it uses a buckle not a deployant.

I can't speak to Sinn's strap but in my experience with both Omega and TAG Heuer, the OEM rubber straps are head and shoulders above third party options.
    Omega Speedmaster Professional (311.30.42.30.01.005) * Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra >15,000 Gauss (231.10.42.21.01.002)
    Jaeger LeCoultre Reverso Grande Taille (270.84.10) * TAG Heuer Aquaracer 500M ceramic (WAK2110) * Poljot OKEAH Chronograph

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Skitalets View Post
    I can't speak to Sinn's strap but in my experience with both Omega and TAG Heuer, the OEM rubber straps are head and shoulders above third party options.
    I have OEM rubber straps from Sinn, Breitling, and Omega, and I wouldn't say any of them are "head and shoulders" above Isofrane. There are some crappy 3rd party straps out there, but Isofrane is on par with the OEM straps.

Google this:

bonetto-cinturini-genuine-rubber-straps

I found a review of them by a WUS member for a 556 Sinn watch.

Hirsch Pure nautral rubber

Quote Originally Posted by foodle View Post
    I have OEM rubber straps from Sinn, Breitling, and Omega, and I wouldn't say any of them are "head and shoulders" above Isofrane. There are some crappy 3rd party straps out there, but Isofrane is on par with the OEM straps.
    My problem with isofrane is design. The quality might be great, but I prefer a solid strap.

They also don't fit the watch the way an OEM band would, which is an important consideration. (Though here again I'm speaking in ignorance of the Sinn strap.)
    Omega Speedmaster Professional (311.30.42.30.01.005) * Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra >15,000 Gauss (231.10.42.21.01.002)
    Jaeger LeCoultre Reverso Grande Taille (270.84.10) * TAG Heuer Aquaracer 500M ceramic (WAK2110) * Poljot OKEAH Chronograph

Quote Originally Posted by Skitalets View Post
    My problem with isofrane is design. The quality might be great, but I prefer a solid strap.
    Ok. I think the design with holes works for some watches but not others. IMHO it tends to look good for traditional looking dive watches (Omega PO, Seiko, etc.) and some "tactical" looking watches, but does not work for others.

They also don't fit the watch the way an OEM band would, which is an important consideration. (Though here again I'm speaking in ignorance of the Sinn strap.)
    Depends on the watch head and OEM band. There are some watch heads (e.g., Breitling Avenger series) that have a flat interface to the strap, so the Isofrane fits as well as the OEM.

If it assists, I provide below the link to my review of the Bonetto Cinturini model 306 rubber strap.

Review of BONETTO CINTURINI model 306 rubber strap bought from Chronoworld and put on Sinn 556

Thread Information