Always wanted to take a second look at Sinn after owning a 556 back in the day.
Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By Memento Vivere

Thread: Always wanted to take a second look at Sinn after owning a 556 back in the day.

Always wanted to take a second look at Sinn after owning a 556 back in the day.

So I did what any sensible watch-obsessed individual would do; I bought two.

Name:  IMG_1443.JPG
Views: 272
Size:  83.3 KB

I've reached a point in the hobby where any watch I purchase has to have an "x" factor above and beyond the average watch. As I've always wanted to have Japanese, Swiss, and German watchmaking well represented, I realized my only German representative was my Nomos. I almost walked away with a Club Datum Dunkel, but I really had need for a tough built diver and tough built daily wear/work watch*. I tend to baby my watches, but should I end up with a scratch on one I very nearly have a nervous collapse - I know, I know. So I figured taking a look at Sinn and Damasko was in order, but sure enough Sinn won me over with their impressive technologies (even if some of it is played up for marketing purposes).

I'm happy to report my U1 and 856 UTC now occupy two much loved positions in my collection while providing a nice little "x" factor in the tegimented coating which so far has been bullet proof for me. I absolutely love the simplicity of these watches and the form = function approach, the fact that neither can be easily scratched is needed therapy for my pathological aversion to scratches.

Sinn has themselves another loyal patron

* My two MarineMasters (and my Shogun, honestly) are far too pretty to be worn in a scenario where I could potentially scratch / beat them up. While they absolutely could take it....I mean, have you seen the finishing on those watches? Same goes for the SARW011 - too pretty to wear every day. And it would be, lets say, "inappropriate" for me to wear my Rolex to work. My Nomos is for special engagements, my two KS are locked up in my safe, and I want something more than just my Regattare every day (although it is a fine watch for the money, and my wife bought it for me!). Enter Sinn; my perfect mechanical beaters =)
    Last edited by Memento Vivere; April 30th, 2015 at 04:10.
    wellyite, vintageguy and Ottovonn like this.
    Rolex: Submariner 16803 (Two Tone)
    Omega: Speedmaster Professional
    Grand Seiko: SBGA031 | 6146-8020 61GS

Seiko: SLA025 6159 Reissue | SLA019 LE MM300 |
    SLA017 62MAS Reissue| SBDX017 MarineMaster 300m | SBDC047 Blue Transocean | SRPA19 Zimbe Turtle | 6105 8110 |SCVF005 "Red" Alpinist | 5246-6000 Chronometer Special King Seiko

Damasko: DC66
    Sinn: 556i

Thread Information