another happy Sinn member

Thread: another happy Sinn member

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

another happy Sinn member

sorry, no wrist shots...but i just got my U2 about 90 minutes ago. like the rubber strap but promptly swapped it out for the bracelet. this baby will get a lot of wrist time and the rubber is a tad too casual for business casual wear around the office.

well, what can i say?! right now i'm feeling the same as those of you who've strapped their very first Sinn on their wrist. B-) the only minor regret was i didn't buy this back in may when it first crossed my mind. but maybe waiting has made this moment all the more sweeter. this is definitely a keeper in my collection!

Moderator Emeritus

Re: another happy Sinn member

That's just great Denizen. Nothing like wearing a precision engineered, incredibly substantial piece of sub steel. I agree with you on the ss bracelet. Very well done and it totally integrates well with the sub steel case and bezel.

Hey with well over 2000 hours of wrist time now I can still be caught sneaking a peak at my wrist to admire this absolute tank of a watch.

You know what it's like? It's like have a new German built Leopard Battletank in your driveway. Just makes everything around it seem small and insignificant.

When you get some wrist time with it and have a better, more precise handle on the whole package, how bout a few words on your ownership experience in the sticky U ownership exp. thread? It would be awesome for others who are contemplating taking the U2 road. That's what this place is about, the ownership experience.

Congrats once again and have a ball with your new U2!!

Tim

i'd be happy to. i'm horrible with a camera but i'm pretty good in the communication dept.

one of the reasons why i choose the u2 was i wanted a really rugged watch that i could take on my ski trips and which could brave the elements. ......which is why i read with great interest your posts on all your outdoor experiences wearing the U2.

if nothing else, if i get caught in an avvy and they find me frozen solid, my watch should survive the trip.
    Last edited by Denizen; July 19th, 2006 at 19:28.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Moderator Emeritus

Couldn't find a better watch for skiing Denizen.

For you new guys reading this, I have personally tested mine to -33 celsius overnight outdoors here in NE Ontario, Canada and then immediately brought it in and threw it into a sink full of hot water. From -33 to about 35ish celsius in a matter of a minute or two and NO, I repeat, NO change in accuracy and no fogging or condensation. No damage to the crystal or gaskets, nothing. Five months later, the c/s site glass is still as white as the day I got it. Just perfect. So, good for sure to -33 and no fogging. Your there man!!

Great stuff Denizen.

Hi Denizen and welcome to the Forum! Have lots of fun with your watch and always wear it in good health!
    Lokking forward to some wrist shots!

Greetings from Bonn,

Christian

wrist shot and addt'l pics

here are the first semi-decent shots i have taken of any of my watches. i'm a WIS, not a photographer. :-D anyway, the honor of the first goes to the sinn!

i took this next pic so that others can see the relative thickness of the U2. note the scale of a single link and compare that to the thickness of the watch. the watch is thick but not overly so considering its high depth rating. about 28% of the entire thickness is from the crystal/bezel!

Last edited by Denizen; July 21st, 2006 at 05:19.

Re: wrist shot and addt'l pics

Quote Originally Posted by Denizen
    here are the first semi-decent shots i have taken of any of my watches. i'm a WIS, not a photographer. :-D anyway, the honor of the first goes to the sinn!

I hate to tell you this, but from this photo it is clear the GMT (UTC) hand on your U2 is almost a half slow with respect the hour hand.
    -Steve
    -----------------------------------------------
    Watches:
    Rolex Sub-C 116610
    Tag Heuer AquaRacer Chrono CAF1110
    Autos:
    Jaguar XF 2010
    ------------------------------------------------

about 1/4 behind

Quote Originally Posted by pugridiron
    I hate to tell you this, but from this photo it is clear the GMT (UTC) hand on your U2 is almost a half slow with respect the hour hand.
    hmmm...i don't think it's 1/2 behind, more like 1/4. keep in mind that since the hr is double-digit in the photo, the imaginary GMT hr marker point would be midway between the "1" and the "0". i'll do a wrist check on the next hr mark and see how much it is off.

update: checked it at 9am and the GMT hand is lined up to the GMT hr marker. it's a tad over to the left slightly so it's not perfectly centered but there is no significant gap (the arrow is just touching the red paint edge). i'll check it some more throughout the day...
    Last edited by Denizen; July 21st, 2006 at 15:04.

Denizen, I agree with you, the GMT hands should be a lot closer to 11hr mark rather than half-way since the time on the minute hands is close to 45.

Have you checked it again ? This could be an issue of concern and you may like to get Sinn to make adjustments

Quote Originally Posted by Kool Cat
    Denizen, I agree with you, the GMT hands should be a lot closer to 11hr mark rather than half-way since the time on the minute hands is close to 45.

Have you checked it again ? This could be an issue of concern and you may like to get Sinn to make adjustments
    in between the hr period @ the 15, 30, 45min, i'm seeing about a 1/4 delay between the GMT and the hr hand. the interesting part is that when the hour hand reaches the top of the hr (12 position), the GMT has 'caught' up and hits the GMT hr indice.

IOW, for every half-hour, GMT hand is never exactly midway between the GMT hours. i don't think it's a big deal really, certainly not enough to send it back to Watchbuys, who would then have to ship it back to Germany to have it adjusted since there isn't an Ar filling machine available in the US yet.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information