Any 1736 Klassik Owners
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Any 1736 Klassik Owners

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Any 1736 Klassik Owners

Anybody out there own the Sinn 1736 Klassik? Considering purchasing this model in the future (my first white dial). Any thoughts, opinions, photos?
    Thanks!

Re: Any 1736 Klassik Owners

Quote Originally Posted by eleven pass View Post
    Anybody out there own the Sinn 1736 Klassik? Considering purchasing this model in the future (my first white dial). Any thoughts, opinions, photos?
    Thanks!
    I have the 1746 -- had it for several years. I really like it, but only wear it once or twice a month (if that). It's my special occasion dress watch. Gorgeous piece, though, and rather unique -- doesn't really look like anything else out there.

Name:  1746_11May.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  183.0 KB

Name:  IMG_20180805_143713.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  216.3 KB
    Clandestine-Camel likes this.

I’ve been in the market for a white dial dress watch for some time and completely agree with radharc. Out of all the $1k - $2k options out there the klassik is certainly unique. Just wish it had a second hand to enjoy that smooth sweep of a fine auto movement. Actually have a question of my own for Radharc: I’m leaning towards the larger 1746 and have a pretty average wrist size. Does the 1746 fit nicely under a shirt cuff with little catching?
    I have a problem with changing my mind faster than I can change my watch collection

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

It's definitely stunning... I think if it had blued steel hands I might have to buy it... and even without them i'm tempted.

Quote Originally Posted by Clandestine-Camel View Post
    Just wish it had a second hand to enjoy that smooth sweep of a fine auto movement. Actually have a question of my own for Radharc: I’m leaning towards the larger 1746 and have a pretty average wrist size. Does the 1746 fit nicely under a shirt cuff with little catching?
    If I am being totally candid, I miss the second hand sometimes too. It would never work as an only watch (for me) for that reason. But, I also have to say that the absence of a second hand brings some measure of sophistication and calm to the watch that fits with its overall aesthetic.

The 1746 does fit very easily under the cuff and rarely if ever catches. (I know my cuff is under the watch in one of the pics above, but that is because I specifically tucked the cuff under the watch so the watch face would not be obscured in the photo.) If you'd like, I can take a profile shot in the next day or two.

I also own a 1746. Very nice watch and unique. I to would love a second hand but didn't let that stop me and I am glad I have it. Only gets used for dressy occasions.

Any 1736 Klassik Owners

Sinn is to German tool watches as Nomos is to German dress watches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It sure is a beaut, thanks for sharing :) Seems like the 1736 is even more rare as far as ownership goes (at least on these forums). Wish there were more photos out there!

egwatchfan, agreed!

Quote Originally Posted by Radharc View Post
    If I am being totally candid, I miss the second hand sometimes too. It would never work as an only watch (for me) for that reason. But, I also have to say that the absence of a second hand brings some measure of sophistication and calm to the watch that fits with its overall aesthetic.

The 1746 does fit very easily under the cuff and rarely if ever catches. (I know my cuff is under the watch in one of the pics above, but that is because I specifically tucked the cuff under the watch so the watch face would not be obscured in the photo.) If you'd like, I can take a profile shot in the next day or two.
    I agree. While I enjoy watching the movement of a seconds hand, I certainly don't mind its absence on a dress watch, or one for special occasions. Perhaps better to forget the passing of time and simply have the hours and minutes as a reference when necessary.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information