Any divers with U series here ?

Thread: Any divers with U series here ?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Any divers with U series here ?

so U owners : do you dive with your sinn ?

on my side I regulary dive with my U-1000

I do concider the U-1000 as the best dive chronograph I have ever test and I have in my collection the Omega Planet Ocean, blake chrono, bond chrono, the TAG Aquagraph, the Doxa T-Graph

IMO Sinn have acheived the ultimate chrono for diving, some might ask why I choose chronograph for diving : I am doing deco dives and I prefer to dive with a chronograph in order to backup my computer for the deco timing : I use the bezel for total dive time and chrono for deco

cheers
    JM
    Jean-Michel

Click on the image to visit my websites

Wink Re: Any divers with U series here ?

looking for someone???

Re: Any divers with U series here ?

Fabrice, are we the only divers on this forum
    The crazy French diving team !
    Jean-Michel

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

must be ...

I'll play....

Steven
    Florida, USA

Sinn 103 St Sa LE
    Sinn 757 UTC
    Sinn U1
    Sinn 6100 Regulatuer
    IWC Aquatimer
    NOMOS Tangomat Datum
    Stowa Marine Original, 80th anniversary LE
    Stowa Seatime
    Doxa SUB750T Military Sharkhunter PVD
    Zinex Trimix GMT PVD LE Black Pirate
    Ocean 7 LM-2 GMT SE PVD
    Bathys Aquaculture MOP PVD
    Tissot TXL
    Seiko Kinetic Sportura SNL029P1 PVD
    Seiko Chronograph Sports 150
    Citizens Eco-Drive Calibre 8700 BL8000-03A
    Citizens Eco-Drive Largo Perpetual Calendar
    TX 730 w/ FlyBack Chrono
    Poljot Sturmanske Chrono
    Aristo Apucto HP6
    Casio ToughSolar ProTrek Titanium
    Various G's

The original Washington ( near Newcastle , chilly North of England )

Quote Originally Posted by Fabrice View Post
    looking for someone???

Hi Fabrice my friend , great to see that U2 doing some good work

Regards
    Mark

You got another. I have an underwater camera and can't get a good picture with my UX GSG9. Unbelievable dive watch, you can see the time from any angle. The tegamented bezel and scratchproof anti-glare coating was put to the test on my last dive in Hawaii. Busted it off of either coral or lava rock and literally not a scratch. They are tough watches.

Quote Originally Posted by jean-michel View Post
    I do concider the U-1000 as the best dive chronograph I have ever test and I have in my collection the Omega Planet Ocean, blake chrono, bond chrono, the TAG Aquagraph, the Doxa T-Graph...

cheers
    JM
    Jean Michael,

Why do you prefer the Sinn over the Aquagraph? It seems to me that the Aquagraph would be easier to read with it's larger central minute counter

I have not yet had the pleasure of owning the U1000, but I have owned a few Aquagraph's and find them to be the most functional, well designed chronograph I have used. So I am suprised at your choice of the U1000 over the TAG, and must say that if you like the U better than I am intrigued as to why.

PS, you wouldn't happen to have any pictures of the Aquagraph and U1000 together would you? I would like to get an idea how they compare in size.

Regards,
    Alphonse

Quote Originally Posted by Biginboca View Post
    Jean Michael,

Why do you prefer the Sinn over the Aquagraph? It seems to me that the Aquagraph would be easier to read with it's larger central minute counter

I have not yet had the pleasure of owning the U1000, but I have owned a few Aquagraph's and find them to be the most functional, well designed chronograph I have used. So I am suprised at your choice of the U1000 over the TAG, and must say that if you like the U better than I am intrigued as to why.

PS, you wouldn't happen to have any pictures of the Aquagraph and U1000 together would you? I would like to get an idea how they compare in size.

Regards,
    Alphonse
    I prefer the U-1000 over the aquagraph for many reasons

first of all after sale of TAG is simply a bull...it , I had the crown problem, very well known and I fight with TAG nearly 3 month in order to get it fixed without paying the 700 USD bill they where asking to me !!!! , Sinn after sale is simply a DREAM : I deal direct with Sinn and they are fantastic

The minus of the aquagraph :

The Aquagraph have IMO the pushers to easy to operate under water, I had in several occasion the chronograph engaged or stopped

The bezel lock is not easy to operate with gloves on and I mainly dive in cold waters

the extention of the bracelet is too short for my 7 mm suit or my drysuit

the crown position is too low on wrist making the watch preatty unconfortable on surface

I largely prefer the reliable Val 7750 versus a piggyback ETA 2892 with a dubois depraz module : thoses are expensive to repair and by far more fragile compared to "the workhose"

I am lefty : I always wear my watches on the right wrist : here Sinn rules !

the only slight advantage of the TAG is the central minute counter BUT the 60 min counter oversized on the sinn is a real pleasure to read : I only use the chrono function to time deco as a backup and to add time to the deco given by the computer : for this use the 60 min counter of the sinn is simply perfect (before you ask the longest deco I have timed yet with the U-1000 was a 16 minutes deco after a -46 meters dive)

and last but not least ... Tegiment is THE solution for a watch you use for diving : look at my pics , my U-1000 have more than 30 logged dives : not a single hairthin scratch

so I wait for a U-1000 with central minute counter ... if they acheive the modification of the Valjoux : in the meantime the U-1000 is simply the best dive chronograph IMO

cheers
    JM
    Jean-Michel

Hi JM,

Thanks for taking the time to answer my question in such detail. The U1000 is really growing on me, and your explanations make a strong argument for it!

Regards,
    Alphonse

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information