Anyone wear the Sinn 140 St as a daily watch?
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Tanjecterly
  • 1 Post By johnnylarue
  • 1 Post By Kurt Koerfgen

Thread: Anyone wear the Sinn 140 St as a daily watch?

Anyone wear the Sinn 140 St as a daily watch?

Happy Monday folks.
    I'm thinking about flipping my current daily watch, an omega 2254.50, for a non-dlc 140 St. As my 2254 is a great everyday watch, I'm wondering if anyone here wears the 140 daily, or close to it. I'm guessing the 15mm height and technical appearance limits its versatility, but I'm pondering the comfort factor. For background, I've been considering starting a space watch collection and wanted to add the 140 to my pogue and speedmaster.
    Thanks for the help and here's some pics!

Name:  IMG_20190923_135756_269[1].jpg
Views: 111
Size:  129.3 KB
    My 2254

Name:  711ee58d583b9eb20595f066fd7a4f64.jpg
Views: 118
Size:  175.5 KB

picture form the web

Re: Anyone wear the Sinn 140 St as a daily watch?

I’d keep the 2254. Such a classic that appreciates.

Dig deep in your pockets for loose change to get the 140.
    Audy likes this.
    Seeking watch nirvana

Free bump cuz I’m really curious about the wearability of the 140 as well. Fantastic as a tool and as an object, but it does tend to look more like a piece of equipment than a wristwatch in a lot of the pics I’ve seen, noticeably less discrete than other tool watches of its era.

Perfect complement for a astronaut jumpsuit or t-shirt. Maybe not so much for a sports jacket...?
    Last edited by johnnylarue; October 31st, 2019 at 04:30.
    Audy likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I think this is starting to become a 'grail' of mine... Same here, have a Speedmaster and a Omega Seamaster. My other space watch is the new Strela with the St19 movement. (not so impressive, I know but i'm not into the vintage craze. Yet.) Like you i'm thinking of starting a space related collection. Right now i'm aiming at the Fortis Cosmonaut Chronograph. This could be next. Thing is, it's quite expensive! 4380$ from Watchbuys. In the end, with the customs to Canada, it's gonna cost me more than my Speedmaster. Am I missing something? (The Sinn does offer more than the Omega) The Tegimented hardened steel is really the selling point for me. (Other than being related to spaaaccceee)

But I agree that this watch really looks like a tool! (Part of the charm?)

There is nothing that limits the wearability of the 140 series, except possibly the weight.
    I have several Sinn 140 and related 142 specimens from the early models onwards (hence there is no single 140 daily wearer) and it has never been a problem, even when I wore one of them for several days in a row.

I also own some (e.g. 103 Ti Ar UTC) titanium watches and when I switch from one of those to a 140 the weight change is at first noticeable, but I adjust quickly and no longer notice it after a few moments.

The tapered case design makes wearing a 140 easy, even with long sleeve shirts, and the 15 mm thickness is only 0.5 mm more than the 903 and 2 mm less than the 103 series, which both wear extremely comfortably.

In summary, there is nothing that would prevent me from wearing a 140 as a daily wearer.

K.
    Audy likes this.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.

Bertrand Russell

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt Koerfgen View Post
    There is nothing that limits the wearability of the 140 series, except possibly the weight.
    I have several Sinn 140 and related 142 specimens from the early models onwards (hence there is no single 140 daily wearer) and it has never been a problem, even when I wore one of them for several days in a row.

I also own some (e.g. 103 Ti Ar UTC) titanium watches and when I switch from one of those to a 140 the weight change is at first noticeable, but I adjust quickly and no longer notice it after a few moments.

The tapered case design makes wearing a 140 easy, even with long sleeve shirts, and the 15 mm thickness is only 0.5 mm more than the 903 and 2 mm less than the 103 series, which both wear extremely comfortably.

In summary, there is nothing that would prevent me from wearing a 140 as a daily wearer.

K.
    Thank you very much for sharing your wearing experience! I had a hunch that the case shape and flat caseback made the 15mm height very manageable.

Wrong thread—apologies!

Thread Information