Anywhere to try on a Sinn U1 in the US?

Thread: Anywhere to try on a Sinn U1 in the US?

Anywhere to try on a Sinn U1 in the US?

I've been very attracted to the Sinn U1 lately and love the look and concept of the watch. However, having fairly small wrists I'm always a little gun shy of how larger watches look and feel on me. If the U1 was a little closer to the 40mm range I wouldn't hesitate, but being the size it I would really like to try it on before ordering. Is there anywhere in the US where I can try one of these buggers on? I live in NC but travel to NYC regularly for business, so one of those locations would be ideal, but other cities can be considered too.

Thanks!

Craig

Re: Anywhere to try on a Sinn U1 in the US?

It's not an answer to your question, but I can speak from newly-minted experience.

I just received a used U1 a couple of weeks ago from the Bay and have been wearing it since on the rubber strap. I have pretty darn small wrists and think it looks/feels natural on me.

I don't know where you live in NC but Watchbuys, the US distributor of Sinn, is located in Raliegh, NC.

Todd

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Watchbuys is the one and only retailer for Sinn watches in the US. Like Todd said, they are located near Raleigh. My understanding is that they don't have a retail store (internet only), so I would give them a call and try to arrange for a demo.

MY COLLECTION
    Breitling Aerospace SuperQuartz E75362
    Omega Seamaster Pro Chronometer Mid-size 2052.50
    Sinn 356 Flieger Acrylic on C&B strap
    Seiko SARB027
    Tissot T-Classic Desire T52142113

Luminox 7051
    J. Crew Timex Vintage Field Watch
    Vintage Hamilton's: Boyd, Parker-B, Boulton, A-652, Pan Europ 701, Tonneau, Arnold

Casio G-Shock DW5600E-1V (with Mil-Shock mod)

I have a small wrist(6.5 inches) and I hesitated at first just like you are. I finally just took the plunge and bought the watch. It fits me very well. I wish I had gotten one sooner. It is a large watch but it doesn't wear like a large watch. Get it on the rubber deployant strap. it seems to fit smaller wrists better than the bracelet. Believe me you will not be disappointed

Thanks everyone! What a funny coincidence that Watchbuys is just down the road from me. I'll certainly give them a ring, though their site seems to say they have no showroom on premise. Can't hurt the try though. I've heard good things about the fit of the U1 on smaller wrists. I may just have to give it a shot!

Thanks again,
    Craig

Watchbuys has a 3 day approval period. If it doesn't work out, the return shipping can't be much in the same city.

Having got the U1 yesterday and having really small wrists (6.25") I must say it distributes its weight remarkably well on a rubber strap and should not be a worry as far as the fit is concerned. Have not tried on the bracelet so cannot comment on it. The rubber strap was sized and cut to the second smallest adjustment, with the AD carefully measuring it bit by bit before removing it in fear of over-adjusting.

Craig,

I live in Va Beach area. Drive up and look at mine..

Here it is on 7" wrist..

Respectfully,
    Paul

"Charlie didn't get much USO. He was dug in too deep or moving too fast. His idea of great R&R was cold rice and a little rat meat."

If your going to be in Columbia, SC anytime soon just send me a PM and ill be glad to let you try on my U1
    "When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." -Leonardo da Vinci

BLUE SKIES!

Thread Information