Battery changing
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Battery changing

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Battery changing

Can anyone help please? A friend of mine wanted to change the battery in this watch. How this should be done? when he opened the backcase, some oil popped out, does anyone know what kind of oil that is for a refill ? and how the battery shall be changed properly in this watch?

Thank you!Name:  IMG-20190903-WA0001.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  109.6 KB
    simonp67 likes this.

Battery changing

Uh oh, your friend should not have tried to do something he clearly did not research or understand how to do. This is not a watch that an individual can service. Frankly this is the first time Iíve read of someone attempting it so what damage may now result is unknown. The UX HAS TO go back to Sinn in Germany for battery and oil change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Re: Battery changing

Yeah, that isn't good. Contact Sinn directly. Unfortunately this model needs to be sent back to Germany to have the battery replaced. Once cannot accomplish this on their own, as the battery and oil arrangement is proprietary.
    IG: @Oedipusflexx

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Hi

I have read just about everything there is to read on the Internet about this.

You can run the watch without the oil no problem, but it wonít have the WR or same display qualities.

Donít even think of filling it up yourself. Send it back to Sinn if you want the watch to be as it should be.

Not the news you wanted, but the previous posters are correct. Itís one of the few downsides to a great watch. The new battery should last 7 years or more.

Berni

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    simonp67 likes this.

Thank you. I know sending it back to Germany is the easiest option, and the more expensive one I guess. I know there are watchmen doing it. I know the oil that shall be used is called Mebius but I do not know its reference or number which could be handy. If anyone has more info then please go ahead and let me know. Any help is appreciated. Sending it back is always an option but it is just a simple ETA inside at the end of the day. :)

You …. sorry your friend will inherit a free spirit level as reward for his efforts.
    mconlonx likes this.

You have already had the only sensible answer: send it to Sinn for a service, new battery and oil refill. Anything else is just plain dumb, and asking the same question until you get the answer you want to hear is even dumber.
    gaopa and Spring-Diver like this.

I thought this was a joke- bummer!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ard

The idea of doing the repair on an expensive watch to save money seems like a sort of oxymoron doesn't it? I vote send it to the manufacturer or their US service center if there is one....

Well, first off... there are NOT independents servicing that watch properly. The Hydro technology is a closely guarded, and very special service. Sinn has a department for doing just Hydros. Opening the watch and spilling some oil wonít actually effect the function (time keeping) of the watch at all, it just completely negates the sole reason to own a Hydro in the first place. The movement isnít a run of the mill quartz movement either, it really needs to go back to Sinn (can only be serviced by Sinn). The watch may function but has essentially no value in the market, and will look nasty with oil less than full...
    simonp67 likes this.
    Too many flipped...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information