Being Sinnful has paid off!!

Thread: Being Sinnful has paid off!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Being Sinnful has paid off!!

First off I must say thanks to John aka Tragic!!!!

I just received a U1 with the rubber strap from him and it has exceeded my expectations in every way!!

Not a mark on the watch anywhere!! Still had the sticker from the factory on the case back!! Box, paperwork, cd. The band was sized to small for my wrist but the watch was absolutely flawless, 100% perfect!!

John sent the watch superfast through UPS and I had a tracking #. He gave me a great price and honestly I can say I have no buyers remorse!!!

If John ever sells another Sinn or any watch I would not hesitate for a second!!Great guy, friendly, answered all my questions quickly. A restoral in my faith in humanity. O.K. not to that extent but you get the idea. A cool guy, a great watch and excellent service!

Now to the watch.

Sinn has made an incredible time piece!

Bought a new bracelet from watchbuys!

The band is one of the things I really like about the watch. It is almost as heavy as the watch. It is a really thick steel. Nice solid end links. The clasp is solid and easy to open. One of the things I hated about my Stowa Seatime was it was almost impossible to open. I really had to pry it open and when it did open I thought I was going to break something and the divers extension would always open up. The Stowa is a great watch but that clasp was dangerous!!

My only pet peave with Sinn on the band is for $250 it should be made of hardened submarine steel like the bezel. Still it is the most comfortable steel band I have ever worn and I love the look!!!

The case of the U1 is simply in a word perfection! Simple yet perfect. The blasted sub steel has a great look to it, the shape of the case is very pleasing to my eye and although sized at 44mm it feels smaller even though it does not look it. I feels like a smaller watch and is very comfortable yet it has serious presence!!

The crown!! Awesome, Just about 4'clock position is a very wise choice. My wrist can flex and bend and I do not feel or see the crown digging into my wrist!! It screws open and closed like butter!

The dial and hands. This is one of the major reasons I bought the watch. The dial is awesome. Simple yet it makes a statement. The hands too cool. The shape and color just grab your eye while displaying the time in a quick glance! A white on black date wheel at 3 o'clock!! I hate black on white date wheels on a black dial!! The markers also very cool. A completely unique design that is both functional and very pleasing to the eye!! I even love the writting on the dial Sinn written in white at the top and U1, automatik, 1000m/100bar in red at 6 o'clock!! Perfect placement and not too busy! I can't see any improvement possible here!!

The bezel. Just the bomb!! Super Hardened Sub Steel where it needs to be!! How many of us scratch our bezel in the first week!! I also like the engraved painted surface and the luminous triangle.

The Lume. While not a Pro-Diver or Seiko the Lume on the U1 is actually pretty impressive. It is not a beacon but it does tell you the time clearly all night long. I am very impressed!!

All in all the best watch I have ever owned!! I will have to post back when I get my next aquisition. Till then the U1 is the only one for me!!

Robzilla
    Damasko DA38, Marathon Gsar (medium)

Re: Being Sinnful has paid off!!

Sounds like Sinn has another very happy customer. Enjoy the U1 Rob.
    -Steve
    -----------------------------------------------
    Watches:
    Rolex Sub-C 116610
    Tag Heuer AquaRacer Chrono CAF1110
    Autos:
    Jaguar XF 2010
    ------------------------------------------------

Cool They

are a joy to behold once the wait is over and one finally gets the piece.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by robzilla
    My only pet peave with Sinn on the band is for $250 it should be made of hardened submarine steel like the bezel.
    Your pet peeve should be with the authorized dealer and not with Sinn. Sinn's MSRP on the band is 135 euros or $173. Some dealers will charge more if they feel there is not enough margin in the item at MSRP.

I think it's a mistake for Sinn to allow dealers to charge over MSRP. If a product doesn't have enough margin in it then don't carry it! As you correctly point out, the bracelet should not cost $250, more like $185.
    Last edited by Malyel; August 26th, 2006 at 07:05.

Moderator Emeritus

Hi Rob!! Congratulations on your U1 !! Welcome to the U club. Your right, Tragic (John) is a fantastic guy. Totally stand up guy!!

Please put up some impressions when you have some time to get a handle on your new watch in the U series ownership experience thread. I will too once I can get a hundred or so hours on my UX and have a better handle on it than just the initial impressions.

I would like to see any and all U series owners put up a few lines, good or bad about their experiences with their U watches for those who are contemplating purchasing a U1, U2 or UX. I tell many who pm me with questions to go there. They find it a fantastic resource and appreciate it's existence. Lets make that thread the one stop shopping site for all your U series ownership experience needs.

I agree with the pricing on the ss bracelet. I have addressed these issues with the rep at watchbuys and wasn't satisfied with their explanations. They have a stocking charge. ????? Ok. ?????.

Oh well, enjoy your new U1. Life's lookin' good eh!!

cheers,
    Tim

Awesome, Rob: enjoy it!

//

Just when I thought I was learning to have a little patience waiting for my U1, I read this great post by Robzilla and now all that patience went out the window. I hate the wait, I hate the wait, did I mention that I hate the wait?

I hate to wait as well and I feel for you.

I can tell you it is worth the wait. It is the one watch that will never be traded or sold ever.

I have never said that about any watch before but this one is a really great watch!!

Just don't give up!! You may find one used but be careful. I think for the price these are going for used I would wait. I got unlucky at first but then a fellow forum Member Tragic hooked me up. I am grateful and will remember his kindness but if I were you I would not gamble and it really is worth the wait!!

Hang in there!!

Robert
    Damasko DA38, Marathon Gsar (medium)

Robert,

Thanks for the encouragement. Seriously, sensing your excitement for the U1 renews mine. Hey, I have only been waiting for 9 weeks - that really isn't all that long. I (and I am sure others) would love to see photos. Take care.

Ned

Quote Originally Posted by robzilla
    I hate to wait as well and I feel for you.

I can tell you it is worth the wait. It is the one watch that will never be traded or sold ever.

I have never said that about any watch before but this one is a really great watch!!

Just don't give up!! You may find one used but be careful. I think for the price these are going for used I would wait. I got unlucky at first but then a fellow forum Member Tragic hooked me up. I am grateful and will remember his kindness but if I were you I would not gamble and it really is worth the wait!!

Hang in there!!

Robert

Congrats on the U1. Wear in good health.
    ToddH

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." Albert Einstein

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information