Best strap for the Sinn 104 St Sa
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Best strap for the Sinn 104 St Sa

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    olu

Best strap for the Sinn 104 St Sa

I understand that the answer to this question would differ based on personal preference, taste and style. However, just in general, which strap would you rather wear with the 104? The 20x20 brown stock or the 20x18 black alligator patterned one?
    "It is true that your Timex tells you the time as accurately as someone’s Rolex or Breitling, but a watch isn’t about telling the time, it is about your relationship with time. A watch is about style, a story and the history of both your watch and your own life. High-grade watches are about craftsmanship and style, not just about telling time. If life was as simple as you make it seem, none of us would own anything of quality because, after all, a shirt is a shirt as long as you’re not naked; a bus can get you someplace as fast as a car; and a cardboard box can keep the rain off your head as well as a home."

Sincerely,
    The Watch Snob

Banned

Re: Best strap for the Sinn 104 St Sa

I usually don't like the factory straps on most watches, and they are almost always too big for me; but the brown Sinn strap on the 104 is quite nice in my opinion and complements the watch well. I have to wear it on the tightest hole, but it works at least. Unlike the strap that came on the 556, this one is good quality. Having said that, I have several aftermarket custom leather straps that look terrific on the 104 also--a dark green, cranberry red, dark brown suede, and black (all from Bas & Lokes in Australia, all 20x20). As for alligator, I'm just not a fan in general, especially on non-dress watches. Perhaps one of those rugged hornback gators in brown would look good though. The 104 is very versatile in terms of strap options.
    soundfanz and olu like this.

Suspended

I have tried a few alternatives (not there is anything wrong with the stock strap) for fun to see what works
    Some work better than others, but hope this helps for reference
    Hope others will post alternative straps, too

Horoticus, olu, Hamsik and 2 others like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I've only worn it on the brown OEM strap and it works just fine. But, I am waiting for the bracelet and think that will be the best choice for me.

However, rockmastermike is in the house with some great alternatives! Really like it on the Natos - nicely done!

I will be getting a bracelet, primarily for summer wear, but for a leather strap I plan to put on a DiModell Rallye strap like this.

rockmastermike, Horoticus and olu like this.

Suspended

@MarcW - the Rallye is a great option that I had not thought of. Thanks!

Has anyone heard any pricing on the bracelet yet?

Quote Originally Posted by rockmastermike View Post
    Has anyone heard any pricing on the bracelet yet?
    No, nothing official. Best guess is $300-400...

olu

WOW! looks really good with the NATO's.. good stuff rockmastermike, thanks for sharing!
    "It is true that your Timex tells you the time as accurately as someone’s Rolex or Breitling, but a watch isn’t about telling the time, it is about your relationship with time. A watch is about style, a story and the history of both your watch and your own life. High-grade watches are about craftsmanship and style, not just about telling time. If life was as simple as you make it seem, none of us would own anything of quality because, after all, a shirt is a shirt as long as you’re not naked; a bus can get you someplace as fast as a car; and a cardboard box can keep the rain off your head as well as a home."

Sincerely,
    The Watch Snob

olu

WOW! looks really good with the NATO's.. good stuff rockmastermike, thanks for sharing!

Quote Originally Posted by rockmastermike View Post
    I have tried a few alternatives (not there is anything wrong with the stock strap) for fun to see what works
    Some work better than others, but hope this helps for reference
    Hope others will post alternative straps, too

Sincerely,
    The Watch Snob

olu

That looks interesting MarcW. I have something similar on a bulova marine star. that sure is something to consider. thanks for sharing!

Quote Originally Posted by MarcW View Post
    I will be getting a bracelet, primarily for summer wear, but for a leather strap I plan to put on a DiModell Rallye strap like this.

Sincerely,
    The Watch Snob

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information