Bezel Question for 857 & 857UTC Owners

Thread: Bezel Question for 857 & 857UTC Owners

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bezel Question for 857 & 857UTC Owners

I purchased my 857 UTC about two months ago and last night I noticed that the bezel is moving back and forth on the horizontal plane. I know that the slight movement of the bezel down is normal when you push down on one side but is the slight movement on horizontal plane normal? I tried the same thing with my U1 and it is solid.

As you can see from pics, I have a fraction of mm of opening on side of the watch that I can slip in a piece of paper. I am not sure if the bezel has shrunk down because it is colder now versus a few months ago when we had higher temperature. Not sure if I should be concerned. I don't think this will have an impact on water and humidity getting into the watch.

May I ask others that have the 857 to check for this type of movement with their bezels and report back? Thank you.

Name:  857 1.jpg
Views: 697
Size:  91.3 KBName:  857 2.jpg
Views: 687
Size:  99.6 KB

Re: Bezel Question for 857 & 857UTC Owners

Had an 857 UTC not too long ago and it felt the same, so my inclination is that it's normal. Was Apr 2013 sale date but I don't remember the s/n.
    Positive Feedback for Me ---> #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16

My 857 UTC Testaf moves as you describe. Seems normal to me.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Please keep us updated. I am seriously considering buying this watch in the near future
    and would like to know about any potential problems. Have you contacted WatchBuys?

I sent a message to Sinn. I think this is also normal but want to double check.

Quote Originally Posted by freight dog View Post
    My 857 UTC Testaf moves as you describe. Seems normal to me.
    Freight dog - are you able to slip a piece of paper between the crystal and the bezel? Also, please post a picture of you pilot and TESTAF watches :)

I don't really feel any movement w/ the bezel but I can slide a piece of paper in if I try hard enough on my 857 non UTC...not concerned - love this thing

My UTC from this year is like that also. It seems normal.

Steve

Mine moves ever so slightly (2 months old), but not enough space to put a paper in. The movement seems normal. Check the 2 little screws on the side of the bezel; Maybe yours has backed out a bit.

Would like an update to this bezel movement. I'm looking to purchase one but there is no dealer that stock sinn for close inspection

Sorry for the delay guys. I was waiting to hear back from Sinn.

Sinn told me to return the watch for review but they would not tell me if this is normal or not. They also said temperature would have an impact on the bezel.

Overall, I am not too worried. The bezel works and just has minor play. I will wait to see how it is when summer comes around. I can always send it back in 2.5 years before the warranty is over.

I do not like the feel of bezel as compared to the U1. It just feels too light or thin. The U1 is solid and has a good feel to it when you rotate it. I still really like the watch and it is a keeper.

Let us know if you get one if you are seeing the same thing with the bezel.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information