Broken chrono button on ~10-15 years old Mercedes/Sinn

Thread: Broken chrono button on ~10-15 years old Mercedes/Sinn

Broken chrono button on ~10-15 years old Mercedes/Sinn

Hi everybody.

First post here - be gentle with me

I inherited a Mercedes (was told that Sinn where the actual manufacturer) chronograph from my dad (still alive), that I absolutely love! I remember when my dad acquired it when he celebrated his 20 year company anniversary. I was so jealous of that watch for some reason - I just love the design. Then after 10 years or so, out of the blue, he comes to me and asks if I want to have it! Been on my wrist since (up to the point where the button broke off). The (top) chrono button has broken off, and my local watchmaker(s) is(are) unable to find the part. So I ask here, if anyone, by any chance, knows where I could get the chrono button spare part?

Picture of the watch is attached (picture taken from ebay co uk /itm/Mercedes-Benz-Automatic-Chronograph-Watch-New-Valjoux-7750/163167453679?hash=item25fd89c1ef:g:ldcAAMXQL99Sa6x N ) - can't post links...

Mercedes (in DK) will have nothing to do with the watch.
    My local watchmaker found a button in Asia. However, even with the case number verified, the button did not fit when it arrived.
    My last resort would be to buy an extra watch, just for the parts - but the price seems a bit high just to get a button.
    Would any other button perhaps fit? Like from the IWC Ingenieur Chronograph Sport Edition or something else? Could there be some sort of 'standard' rectangular button for the Valjoux 7750?
    Unfortunately I have not been able to get in contact with Sinn or their rep in DK. I fear they will just say that it is a Mercedes watch and take no part in it.

Thanks for any help and advice
    Attached Images Attached Images

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

Re: Broken chrono button on ~10-15 years old Mercedes/Sinn

Post moved from our Clock Forum to the more suitable forum. What you got id def. not a clock.
    Did you contact Sinn customer service? If the watch has been produced by Sinn they should be able to repair it. They should have spare parts in stock.
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

I've never seen a Sinn model that looks like that so I can't help you much, but your best bet would be to email Sinn customer service. They are usually very helpful and will be able to confirm whether or not this was produced by Sinn and if so what the part situation might be.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Sorry about the 'clock' misunderstanding. The translation from English to Danish is more-or-less 'any type of watch'.

I wrote Sinn awhile back, but have not received any response. I however realized that we have a distributor in Denmark, and have contacted him, who has then contacted Sinn. Should be a couple of weeks before I get a response - fingers crossed. Will keep you posted.

Sinn says that they have not made the watch.

Mercedes basically says "it's an old watch, there is no service for it anymore".

What to do... What to do...

Thread Information