Calling all 556IB owners...
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Calling all 556IB owners...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Calling all 556IB owners...

Hello all,

I'm considering flipping a couple of watches that, while I still like the overall designs, are just too big. The two on the chopping block are my Eterna Kontiki Date and Seiko SARX033. I have come to realize that 40 mm is the upper limit for my wrist, and at 42 mm and about 41 mm respectively, they always seem out of proportion in my eyes.

I've always overlooked the 556 variants, because in pictures they always strike me as dull with their black faces and white painted on indices. I'm a huge fan of applied indices. Enter the 556IB! With its blue sunburst dial, applied indices, and 38.5 mm case, it checks a lot of my boxes. That being said, I am still a little worried I'll find the design boring and dull in person.

For anyone who owns this variant, what are your thoughts on this watch? Is the blue dial vibrant, or more muted than what comes across in most photos online? It seems a lot of people say you have to see a Sinn in person to truly appreciate the quality and design, and I don't see a lot of negative posts about the 556.

A big concern I have is whether or not the blue dial ever comes across as purple. I owned a blue dialed Mido for about 2 months, but had to get rid of it because in certain lights it reflected a purple hue and it drove me crazy.

FWIW, I would try to get it on the H-link bracelet over the new fine link.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, and I look forward to hearing opinions on what could become my first Sinn!

Re: Calling all 556IB owners...

I have owned 2 556 varieties, the grey and blue. There is no doubt the 556 is a great tool watch and very simple in design. If you want that style watch itís hard to beat. I got rid of mine because they just didnít do ďitĒ for me. Not that they were bad watches, just they didnít thrill me. The grey seemed bland and the blue was an odd color. The black is honestly probably the best variety. Itís plain and simple and does its purpose. The other varieties just miss the mark I think

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    brownkp likes this.
    My collection changes so often I got tired of redoing my signature

Quote Originally Posted by City74 View Post
    I have owned 2 556 varieties, the grey and blue. There is no doubt the 556 is a great tool watch and very simple in design. If you want that style watch itís hard to beat. I got rid of mine because they just didnít do ďitĒ for me. Not that they were bad watches, just they didnít thrill me. The grey seemed bland and the blue was an odd color. The black is honestly probably the best variety. Itís plain and simple and does its purpose. The other varieties just miss the mark I think

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks for your input! I think you hit on exactly what my fear is. There's so much about it I like, but as a package I'm afraid it won't interest me for long.

I'm definitely looking for something that can work as a GADA option. I'll have to give this one a bit more consideration.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I havenít owned one but I have seen it in person. I decided against getting one because it did have a purple hue to it in some lights which I didnít love.

Iíd like to see the brown ďmochaĒ variety though.

Quote Originally Posted by jarlleif View Post
    I havenít owned one but I have seen it in person. I decided against getting one because it did have a purple hue to it in some lights which I didnít love.

Iíd like to see the brown ďmochaĒ variety though.
    Thanks so much for your input! That's exactly what I needed to know.

jarlleif likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by brownkp View Post
    Thanks so much for your input! That's exactly what I needed to know.

If you like the tool watch style check out Damasko or my fav under the radar tool watch the Archimede Outdoor
    brownkp likes this.
    My collection changes so often I got tired of redoing my signature

Quote Originally Posted by City74 View Post
    If you like the tool watch style check out Damasko or my fav under the radar tool watch the Archimede Outdoor
    I do have my eye on the DA36! I feel like it could be a great every day, casual watch. I'm usually drawn to more dressy watches but I'm trying to branch out. The Archimede is pretty cool too!

I looked into buying a 556i B, but in person the blue was dull and 'murky' and that was under the lights of the AD. In the end I went for the standard 556i and I don't regret my decision at all. I love the stark simplicity of the inky black gloss dial and brilliant white indices.
    brownkp likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis K View Post
    I looked into buying a 556i B, but in person the blue was dull and 'murky' and that was under the lights of the AD. In the end I went for the standard 556i and I don't regret my decision at all. I love the stark simplicity of the inky black gloss dial and brilliant white indices.
    Thanks, Dennis! My search continues...

Hmmmm, coincidentally interesting since the blue dial model is incoming. Have not handled one and bought off of just pics/specs. I love blue dials, hopefully the blue hue does not disappoint. I can handle the "style blandness", actually prefer that kind of look, we'll see within a few days or so . . .
    A.Lange & Sohne * Audemars Piguet * Blancpain * Cartier * Dornblueth & Sohne * Invicta * Jaeger-LeCoultre * Rolex * Revolution Watch Company * Tudor

"the deeper the roots, the higher the reach" - author unknown

Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself. - Rumi

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information