Can't make up my mind for Sinn 856 Tegimented
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By MadsNilsson
  • 2 Post By whiskey golf

Thread: Can't make up my mind for Sinn 856 Tegimented

Can't make up my mind for Sinn 856 Tegimented

Guys I am unable to makeup my mind on whether I should buy the 856. I like the watch but those numerals at 3/6/9/12 are annoying to me. I see that there is a 856 B edition but that has Blue dial which I don't like.

I would like to get a watch that looks like the 836 but 43mm is a bit large for my 6 3/4 wrist. I see that 556 fits the bill perfectly but it is not Tegimented which is must for me as I want to get a single watch to wear everyday.

I have also looked at similar watches from Damasko but their dial seems to be too busy for my taste and I hear their ice hardened tech is not as good as Sinn.

Are their any watches that I am missing out? Does Sinn have a 856 with indices and black dial and possibly a black edition?

I would also like to hear if any other brands have scratch resistant tech like Sinn/Damasko.

Re: Can't make up my mind for Sinn 856 Tegimented

Have you looked at Damasko DA34 or DA35 or the DS30 or DK105
    I would consider the hardening comparable. Just different pros and cons.

I don’t have any of these. So just talking.

I’ll just throw in the 856 B Uhr as a bit different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think you can order the 556 tegimented on request. Not certain, but I'm under that impression.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by JacobC View Post
    I think you can order the 556 tegimented on request. Not certain, but I'm under that impression.
    You can’t. Definitely not an option.
    Would be cool though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    JacobC likes this.

My vote would be for the Damasko DS30. The 39mm diameter and 47mm lug to lug should fit your wrist well. I have a 7" wrist and own a DA47 which is 40mm diameter and 48mm lug to lug. The other watches in my collection range from 36mm to 38mm diameter so this is on the larger side for what I'm used to but the watch is very comfortable and fits my wrist well. The fact that the DS30 does not have a bezel may make it have a little more wrist presence but I can't imagine it would overpower your wrist at 6.75", plus the lug to lug is more important and 47mm is a good size in this case. For looks and price, it is comparable to a Sinn 556I but I like that the DS30 is made of submarine steel and is surface hardened. The surface hardening will help keep the finish looking new longer than untreated steel, and the submarine steel will be more corrosion resistant than Damasko's Ice Hardened Steel, plus there's something cool about having a watch made of submarine steel.

The other Damaskos mentioned (DA34/DA35, DK105) are also nice looking pieces. The DA34/DA35 will wear a little bigger than the DS30 (diameter) and 856 (lug to lug) but should be no problem. They have the Ice Hardened Steel which should be the best for durability since the cases are through hardened versus surface hardened as in the case of the DS30 and Sinn's Tegimenting process, however the Ice Hardened Steel is more prone to corrosion which may or may not be an issue depending on living conditions and where you plan on taking this watch. Also the DA34/DA35 have 100m water resistance compared to 200m for the DS30 and 856. I wouldn't consider the DK105 since it's dressy and it sounds like you are looking for a more casual, everyday piece. Last thing, the 856 B dial is much darker than what pictures show, I handled one at one of the Watchbuys Road Shows and accidentally skipped over it while looking for it cause it looked like the black dial version, it's nice for someone looking for a blue that is almost indistinguishable from a black dial but disappointing for those looking for a nice shade of blue.
    nodnar and Spring-Diver like this.
    ​Damasko DA47 • ​Seiko SARB033 • Seiko SKX013 • Timefactors Smiths PRS-29A

Can’t think of an alternative (the vanilla 556 would be plenty tough enough for me) but if you’re not 100% sold on a watch don’t be tempted to buy it in the hopes that you’ll bond - it rarely works out.

Archimede outdoor protect is hardened and can be had in 39.

Thread Information