Can't pull the trigger on the T1 because.....
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Can't pull the trigger on the T1 because.....

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Can't pull the trigger on the T1 because.....

I can't stand the thought of it developing a blue dot on the dial that I have to send to Germany to have removed. I'm not really fond of the copper sulfate capsules even when the owner can remove them and dry them yourself. But I really can't stand the one visible thru the dial. It is a deal breaker.

Am I alone in this?
    Last edited by Schmiedel; December 7th, 2013 at 03:37.

Re: Can't pull the trigger on the T1 because.....

The copper sulphate capsule is there as an indicator to tell the user whether or not moisture is present in the watch case. I feel that its a useful feature to have though not necessary. So long as the user ensures that the crowned is always securely screwed in, I don't see how moisture could ever get into the watch. I had a 857 utc for close to 3 years & have exposed it to water constantly but the copper sulphate capsule did not turn into a darker shade of blue. Still appeared pale blue as when it did when it was brand new.

I've read a few posts from here concerning Sinn 856's, in which the capsule turned blue from routine exposure to water under a faucet. I think this issue is rare, but I kind of wish this feature was left out simply because it increases the probability of error.

The T1's capsule seems to be placed inside the watch, so I think that at as long as the watch's water resistance isn't compromised, then the capsule will likely not turn blue.
    Just your average Japanese watch fan: Casio, Citizen, Seiko

View my collection **here**

View my feedback by clicking **here**

Your friendly neighborhood enabler,

Otto

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I'm with you Schmiedel. I love Sinn watches but that capsule and even the Ar. filling just stop me from buying that watch. Sooner or later it will have to go back to Germany. Would be fantastic if someone in the US was able to handle the work, then I could even buy my 4th UX and keep it. I know I got off the capsule subject, but it all falls in the "return" to Germany category.
    Apple Watch series 4
    Zelos Blue Swordfish

Quote Originally Posted by Schmiedel View Post

Am I alone in this?
    No. I am unable to pull the trigger, as of yet, on a SINN for the same reason.

It doesn't bother me a bit but having a service center in the US capable of doing Ar and Copper Sulfate Capsule reconditioning should be an absolute! Sinn if definitely loosing business because of this as evidenced by this thread.

I can see Sinn giving their Ar servicing equipment to service centers outside Germany (a dozen or more German ADs currently have the equipment), but they'll never allow anyone outside their factory Hydro Team touch oil filled watches. I know that for a fact.

Thanks for the replies. It's good to know I'm not alone in this thought. Maybe I'll start looking at Pelagos and the Doxa Mission 31.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottovonn View Post
    I've read a few posts from here concerning Sinn 856's, in which the capsule turned blue from routine exposure to water under a faucet. I think this issue is rare, but I kind of wish this feature was left out simply because it increases the probability of error.
    Id a purchased a 856 long ago but the idea of an extra hole in the case with extra seal just seems wrong. Why increase the chance for leaking seals so the capsule can work.

I don't know why Sinn have decided to incorporate this in their watches as it doesn't add anything helpful for me. It's as appealing as a helium release valve.
    Hoppyjr and mebiuspower like this.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information