Choosing between U1 and..

Thread: Choosing between U1 and..

z88

Choosing between U1 and..

Hello All,
    I have recently posted this in the Omega forum, but also wanted to reach out to the Sinn owners as well. I am new to this forum, although have spent a fair amount of time reading the posts. Initally, I was in the market for a Tag Aquaracer Automatic watch (black face) and Omega SMP 300 quartz (black face). Upon doing more research, I am now deciding between an Omega SMP 300 automatic (2254) and a Sinn U1. It boils down to these two and it's a tough decision for me. I have always been partial to Omega for as long as I can remember, however the Sinn has caught my eye. I am reaching out to this forum in the hopes that the feedback/thoughts may provide me with invaluable information in my decision making process.
    Thank you.
    Zac

Re: Choosing between U1 and..

I'm looking to buy my first Sinn soon, an EZM3, which I would see as comparable to the Omega 2254. The Sinn U1 seems a very different watch, much larger, thicker and perhaps not quite as versatile. You really can't go wrong with either, although personally I'd lean towards the Omega if it's going to be an every day wearer.

Having been an owner of a Sinn U1 and doing my fair share of research before the purchase, I must say that I lean disproportionately to the Sinn. Have received many positive feedback on the quality of the build of the U1, even from a Rolex enthusiast friend. I think the U1 also looks more unique compared to the more conventional look for the Omega.

Just my 2 cents... do bear in mind the size and weight of the U1 though. Though distributed proportionately, it might not be everyone's cup of tea.
    Last edited by nicktanbt; August 21st, 2008 at 17:14.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Banned

I have an Omega Seamaster, a Sinn U2 and a Sinn Ezm3.
    The Omega is more dressy. The difference betwee the U2 and the Ezm is quite huge, the U2 is a refined super tool watch, quite unique in styling, and the Ezm a more classical tool watch.

Z,
    I have both watches and each is unique. They are both hearty. I wore the Omega daily up until recently. I just picked up the Sinn in a trade. I also picked up a vintage Rolex and a Kobold SEAL, so the Omega has not seen much action lately. I am hard on watches, yet bot hold up well.
    Back to your dilemma. It is one I don't think anyone here can answer for you. I say this, because the two watches are so different. It is not as if you asked wether you should get a u1 or a u2, or a Speedmaster vs. a Seamaster
    We can steer you, but that is about it. Your occupation, hobbies and manner of dress will be factors in making this decsion. One is iconic one is destine to be (maybe James Bond will eventually wear one). The Sinn may be more versatile with different straps and bracelets. The Omega is much slimmer and easily slides under a shirt cuff.
    My Omega keeps remarkable time, it loose around 40 seconds a month. I couldn't yet tell you about the Sinn, but my last one kept time with in COSC standards.

Good luck and be well,
    DArin

Thread Information