Considering a Sinn St 103 Sa

Thread: Considering a Sinn St 103 Sa

Considering a Sinn St 103 Sa

I currently daily wear an Omega Speedmaster Professional. Sinn has caught my attention with the St 103 Sa. I would like the owners of that particular watch to give me there experience. The kicker is I cannot try it on or see it in person and that is a big reason I haven't pulled the trigger. Thanks in advance!

Re: Considering a Sinn St 103 Sa

Quote Originally Posted by JoshDunc View Post
    I currently daily wear an Omega Speedmaster Professional. Sinn has caught my attention with the St 103 Sa. I would like the owners of that particular watch to give me there experience. The kicker is I cannot try it on or see it in person and that is a big reason I haven't pulled the trigger. Thanks in advance!
    Here are a couple of recent threads with good discussion of the 103st. I think you will find the acrylic has the most fans, as the acrylic superdome is just dead-sexy. But there are Sa fans out there. I don't think you would be disappointed with either. Compared to the classic Omega, I think you would find them comparable. The Speedy Pro is a great watch no doubt. The 103 doesn't claim quite the same birthright, but still has it's roots in the classic realm.

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f24/sin...d-1497818.html

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f24/ful...n-1396642.html
    Last edited by Geof3; February 26th, 2015 at 08:06.
    Too many flipped...

Quote Originally Posted by Geof3 View Post
    The 103 doesn't claim quite the same birthright, but still has it's roots in the classic realm.
    Yes, and this Sinn if full of charm. I love it :)
    (It's mine own opinion, but I prefer the acrylic version to the sapphire one)

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by JoshDunc View Post
    Josh,

I love my 103 St Sa. I bought mine from Watchbuys, which I suppose is were you would buys yours if you buys new. I ordered it with solid case back and German day wheel, all at no extra cost but with a month wait due to the custom order.

Positives - The watch is everything I expected well finished , keeps good time (-2 to 5 sec./day), highly legible and I love the syringe hands.
    Negatives - I don't like the locking collar on the chrono buttons. I should have ordered it without the collars, since it was being fitted with case back and day wheel.

If I had to do it over again - I'd order the 103 Titanium TESTAF model, not so much for the TESTAF certification, but for the matte finish and the no collared chrono buttons. It is 20-25% more, but when you are spending that much what is an extra $500.... Added bonus is you get a red timing hand and an extra year warranty.

Tony
    Last edited by jsbx1; February 26th, 2015 at 23:47.

Thread Information