ETA movement quality in EZM 3/3f and 856

Thread: ETA movement quality in EZM 3/3f and 856

ETA movement quality in EZM 3/3f and 856

I like both of these(well..3) but i am concerned about the movements. I understand that there are 3 quality levels for ETA movements but I can't find any info about these Sinn movements(2824-2 and 2893-2)
    ...regarding their quality(reliability, service intervals etc.)

I would also like to know about the Ar-Dehumidifying Technology. Is it a potential service nightmare - sending it to Sinn or an AD and then waiting for a couple of months for a simple reply about the watch (I've read about these "adventures")?

I want to buy my first serious watch and I want a watch that I can count on. I'm not looking for an investment watch or something that is flashy and easily recognizable....I don't care about that.

That is why I want to know about the movements and servicing the special features on these watches....before I pull the trigger.

Re: ETA movement quality in EZM 3/3f and 856

Quote Originally Posted by mike88ns View Post
    I like both of these(well..3) but i am concerned about the movements. I understand that there are 3 quality levels for ETA movements but I can't find any info about these Sinn movements(2824-2 and 2893-2)
    ...regarding their quality(reliability, service intervals etc.)

I would also like to know about the Ar-Dehumidifying Technology. Is it a potential service nightmare - sending it to Sinn or an AD and then waiting for a couple of months for a simple reply about the watch (I've read about these "adventures")?

I want to buy my first serious watch and I want a watch that I can count on. I'm not looking for an investment watch or something that is flashy and easily recognizable....I don't care about that.

That is why I want to know about the movements and servicing the special features on these watches....before I pull the trigger.

Sinn uses top grade ETA movements, but the standard 856 is a Sellita, not an ETA. The second time zone models are ETA, however.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Parris View Post

Sinn uses top grade ETA movements, but the standard 856 is a Sellita, not an ETA. The second time zone models are ETA, however.
    Yes,the UTC version, that is what I meant.

What about the Sellita movements in Sinn watches?Are they also top grade?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Yes,the UTC version, that is what I meant.

What about the Sellita movements in Sinn watches?Are they also top grade?

I haven't found any information about the Sellita grades, but assuming that Sinn can source them in the numbers they need and at a comparable price to the ETA ebauches, then they would certainly try to use Top or Chronometer grades. Either way, the folks at Sinn take pride in the regulation and adjustment they do on all of their movements.

You should write to Sinn and see what they say. I honestly don't know whether they'd share that information, especially given the recent kerfuffle where they briefly weren't disclosing movement manufactures on their website.

If they answer you, share it here!

EZM3 uses the same movement as the Marathon GSAR.

The Marathon GSAR I got, was so bad at keeping time... I returned it and got a full refund.

It was very much in the back of my mind when I almost bought an EZM3. And ultimately made it much easier to pick the EZM2.

I finally just decided... Its a watch... And I am not going to do a damn thing... "To keep it accurate".

None of this extra winding at night. Taking it off and laying it a special way. Blah blah blah.

Figure I will pick up another EZM2 when this one is close to it's service interval. Then leap frog them through time

Quote Originally Posted by GotSprings View Post

The Marathon GSAR I got, was so bad at keeping time... I returned it and got a full refund.

It was very much in the back of my mind when I almost bought an EZM3. And ultimately made it much easier to pick the EZM2.

I finally just decided... Its a watch... And I am not going to do a damn thing... "To keep it accurate".

None of this extra winding at night. Taking it off and laying it a special way. Blah blah blah.

Figure I will pick up another EZM2 when this one is close to it's service interval. Then leap frog them through time

Marathon GSAR uses top grade ETA 2824?

If you have to lay the watch in a specific way and keep checking its accuracy every 10min, every single day, then it's time to seek help. Kidding...
    I agree with you, I don't see the point of treating your watch as a sickly child (any watch).

This will answer a few questions!

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f24/si...n-3218050.html

My experiences with Watchbuys/RGM/Sinn warranty service/repair have been stellar!

No nightmare to worry about.

I just recently had my copper sulfate, case back/crown gaskets replaced, new gas, pressure test and a minor regulation in my T1. RGM did a excellent job and had great communication with me. With a 2 day return via FedEx , it was a total of 30 days, Nov 20-Dec 19, from door to door. That’s including 4 weekends and Thanksgiving holiday!

All of that covered under warranty and I’m the second owner Only $15 out of my pocket to send it to them.

Copper sulfate is bright white now

So yeah, pull the trigger and buy the watch! You’re going to love it

Sent from my iPad Pro using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Spring-Diver; December 21st, 2019 at 18:57.
    My Seiko's: SBDB001 SD600M, SBDX001 Marine Master, SRP777, SRPA21 PADI,

Casio: ProTrek 2500-A1

My Sinn’s: EZM9, EZM14–T1, EZM14-T1B, U1 Professional, 836

Want

Aquadive: Bathyscaphe Poseidon GMT 100, Bathyscaphe 100 Blue

Sinn: U2C, UX S, 857 S, 900 S

Seiko: SNR031J1, SNR035J1

Quote Originally Posted by GotSprings View Post

Marathon GSAR uses top grade ETA 2824?

If you have to lay the watch in a specific way and keep checking its accuracy every 10min, every single day, then it's time to seek help. Kidding...
    I agree with you, I don't see the point of treating your watch as a sickly child (any watch).
    https://www.marathonwatch.com/produc...automatic-gsar

2824-2

God damn... And it's on sale again.

Please someone tell Watchbuys to get with reality someday. The GSAR is normally 1200. Its on sale for 900.

If I could pick up a brand new EZM3 for 900 bucks. The order decision would be about 90 seconds.
    Last edited by GotSprings; December 21st, 2019 at 23:33.

Thread Information