EZM 1.1 back from repair, am I being too picky?
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: EZM 1.1 back from repair, am I being too picky?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

EZM 1.1 back from repair, am I being too picky?

My EZM 1.1 suffered from the misprinted dial issue. I sent it to Sinn in August for repair and got it back at the end of last week. In addition to the misprinted dial, I also complained to Sinn that the bezel indices didn't align with the dial indices.

This is a photo of my watch after Sinn returned it to me. The dial is fixed, but the bezel is still not aligned correctly. I spoke to someone at Watchbuys to see if they would offer any advice or perhaps assist in communicating with Sinn to hopefully get it repaired quicker then the last time. The person I spoke to, without looking at a photo, suggested that maybe I was being too picky and that given certain manufacturing tolerances I might never be satisfied with the watch. I thought his comments were a little insulting, but I would like your opinion. Do you think I am being too picky? If you spent $5,000 on this watch would you be happy or upset with it? It's most noticable at the 5, 10, and 15 bezel indices. Do you think this is within manufacturing tolerances? I don't, but I would like to hear your opinion.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ATL Jack; December 20th, 2018 at 01:54.

Re: EZM 1.1 back from repair, am I being too picky?

Fixed image

You're not being too picky. I know some other high end companies won't let a watch ship out from the store/service centre if the bezel is misaligned, not sure about Sinn's tolerances. You likely paid a decent amount for the watch and are well within your right to expect something you're happy with. Maybe contact RGM, I think they're the US service centre for Sinn and see if they can do anything for you. Good luck
    ATL Jack likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Mechanical watches are a luxury and anachronism - we don't buy them to keep time, otherwise we would all have Casios.
    We buy them for their craftsmanship and quality. So of course you should be as picky as you want if they're failing to meet your high standards which, I may add, they would be VERY pleased to communicate to potential customers in that they actually do have the very highest quality standards without compromise.
    Benson V. and ATL Jack like this.

I think if it's within 2° they consider it within spec. You should write and ask anyways, politely of course.

With Seiko I think it's anything inside of 5°

Atlanta, GA, USA, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, Universe

Hmmm... at first I was thinking this is nitpicking... then I saw the bezel. That would annoy anyone who has invested that much. It does not say “precision”. I would suspect an error in manufacturing. Sorry pal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Time is the most valuable commodity in the world...

If you have gone over it from every angle as I'm sure you have,and your pic lines up with the bezel being out as much as that
    ..I would send it back for sure,particularly after you recieving the response you got from distributor.
    Some one higher than the guy you spoke to needs to be made aware of fault and attitude.
    Not satisfactory .
    My two Bob's worth mate.
    Dave

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Are your sure they are actually out of alignment? I think it’s an optical illusion due to the crystal height and separation of the dial and bezel surfaces. I had a look at a couple of my watches and from various angles the bezels appear to be misaligned at one point or another... just a thought.
    Too many flipped...

I appreciate everyone's thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Geof3 View Post
    Are your sure they are actually out of alignment? I think it’s an optical illusion due to the crystal height and separation of the dial and bezel surfaces. I had a look at a couple of my watches and from various angles the bezels appear to be misaligned at one point or another... just a thought.
    I understand that the bezel and dial are on 2 different planes and that changes in angle will alter the visual alignment. In the picture above I tried my best to have the camera lens parallel and centered to the watch dial but I am sure I didnt get it exact. That said, I have looked it over carefully from every angel and am certain that it is misaligned at least as much as the picture I posted displays. In order to make the 55 minute mark on the dial align with the 5 minute bezel mark I have to view the watch from a significant angle, whereas the 55 minute bezel mark looks aligned from above and misaligned from a significant angle (as you would expect it should).

Also, take a look on the bezel at the 12 o'clock triangle. The triangle is not exactly in the middle of the bezels 59 minute and 1 minute indices. I am not concerned with that, its hardly noticeable and I wouldnt even mention it if the rest of the bezel was okay. I only mention it now as an example that the bezel is misprinted, like the dial was.

I think you should persist in getting this resolved. Especially since it is such an easy and inexpensive part for Sinn to replace.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information