EZM 1.1 One Month Old Movement Issue!
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: EZM 1.1 One Month Old Movement Issue!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

EZM 1.1 One Month Old Movement Issue!

So this is disappointing- After receiving unit 42x early March (set perfectly to my home time and date from WatchBuys- thanks guys) I have been wearing the watch at least once daily while either commuting or after work, and straight through on the weekends. Have only had to pull the crown ONCE to slow down the movement after gaining roughly 45 seconds over the month. That is pretty good timekeeping.

HOWEVER, imagine my dismay this morning I noticed that my chronograph minutes hand is now jumping to the first hash mark immediately upon starting the chronograph from zero. After that, everything moves normally, but this means the totalizer is one minute ahead for the duration timing. In other words, rather than timing 60 seconds before the minute hand jumps, the both hands move together upon starting to show 1min and 1second immediately. It's a really small detail that is driving me nuts, as it might indicate a larger mechanical problem. I plan on running the whole thing now for a full hour, hoping that the minutes (airplane) chrono hand passing through zero/60 min fully will reset the whole thing. Otherwise, I fear the unit might have to go back under warranty after just one month of use light use.

Took a video best seen at 480p

Anyone in their infinite knowledge have thoughts or a similar experience? I know aesthetic QC issues with this model have been raised with the past, but have heard only vague complaints about the movement. Probably even harder to quantify within the limited run of 500.

I really don't want to sent it back, but might have to email watchbuys this afternoon if it doesn't fix itself. What a shame
    ParkinNJ likes this.
    IG: @Oedipusflexx

duc

Re: EZM 1.1 One Month Old Movement Issue!

As a brand new owner I am feeling a lot of empathy for you. If it was me, I would simply arrange for a return. It isn't acceptable and whether it fixes itself or not, I would never trust it to stay hidden. Problems that go away on their own, come back on their own.

Atlanta, GA, USA, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, Universe

That’s a bummer. I’m not sure you can just return it so a warranty service sounds like the choice imho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    simonp67 likes this.
    Time is the most valuable commodity in the world...

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

As soneone who got a Sinn delivered DOA (fault in transit) I feel for you. Sinn will get it right as rain given time though.

Hi,
    I believe the other members suggestions are correct, it should be returned.
    However may I suggest you rotate the watch to 6 being at 12 and give the pusher a very definite and quick press...though your video was excellent and action looked smooth..just for interest sakes...
    Dave

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Thanks for the replies. I'm pretty dismayed about this, especially as the problem seems to have gotten worse. The chrono counter is now missing the mark entirely and creeping between increments (see video) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnxlqPbStwE

So there is good and bad news for those interested. The good news is that the response from Watchbuys has been stellar. They actually watched the videos and came to the conclusion that it should be covered under warranty. I have a feeling it helped that my purchase order from them was barely a month old-ink had barely dried so to speak. They have also provided a return shipping label and will be taking care of all postage on my behalf. The bad news is that the unit has to go all the way back to Germany with an estimated round trip time 14 weeks.

Where this leaves me: well, it kind of blows my plans to wear as a summer vacation watch. 14 weeks pushes things out to mid July, which means the watch will have been away 3 times longer than initially on my wrist. And that's assuming their conservative time estimate is correct. For these reasons, I've sent everything, full box and kit, back to them. If it can't be fixed and returned to me in a reasonable amount of time (and warranty restarted), I'd consider asking for a refund.

Is such a stance too extreme- I mean, who makes the rules on these things?
    IG: @Oedipusflexx

Quote Originally Posted by OedipusFlex View Post
    So this is disappointing- After receiving unit 42x early March (set perfectly to my home time and date from WatchBuys- thanks guys) I have been wearing the watch at least once daily while either commuting or after work, and straight through on the weekends. Have only had to pull the crown ONCE to slow down the movement after gaining roughly 45 seconds over the month. That is pretty good timekeeping.

HOWEVER, imagine my dismay this morning I noticed that my chronograph minutes hand is now jumping to the first hash mark immediately upon starting the chronograph from zero. After that, everything moves normally, but this means the totalizer is one minute ahead for the duration timing. In other words, rather than timing 60 seconds before the minute hand jumps, the both hands move together upon starting to show 1min and 1second immediately. It's a really small detail that is driving me nuts, as it might indicate a larger mechanical problem. I plan on running the whole thing now for a full hour, hoping that the minutes (airplane) chrono hand passing through zero/60 min fully will reset the whole thing. Otherwise, I fear the unit might have to go back under warranty after just one month of use light use.

Took a video best seen at 480p

Anyone in their infinite knowledge have thoughts or a similar experience? I know aesthetic QC issues with this model have been raised with the past, but have heard only vague complaints about the movement. Probably even harder to quantify within the limited run of 500.

I really don't want to sent it back, but might have to email watchbuys this afternoon if it doesn't fix itself. What a shame
    Mine is 48X and I have an issue where I can start the chrono as usual, stop as usual, reset button then restarts chrono but will sometimes reset chrono. If reset restarts it I can stop it and then after a few tries of start stop and reset it will reset. I just have not got around to getting it sent in for warranty service. I have had it since February 2019. I agree- it is a bummer and was definitely not a cheap watch-

Quote Originally Posted by OedipusFlex View Post

Is such a stance too extreme-
    Yes, to extreme.

Agreed, WatchBuys does have excellent customer service! And it’s time for warranty service. They’re not the manufacture. Full refund... I highly doubt it.

Sinn is not a giant company and service sometimes takes a while....especially on custom movements.

Is it a bummer your vacation watch won’t be with you, yes! But I’m sure you can take another and still have a great time ;)

Cheers
    Shannon
    OedipusFlex and DaveandStu like this.
    My Seiko's: SBDB001 SD600M, SBDX001 Marine Master, SRP777, SRPA21 PADI,

Casio: ProTrek 2500-A1

My Sinn’s: EZM9, EZM14–T1, EZM14-T1B, U1 Professional, 836

Want

Sinn: U1 S Blue, U2C, UX S, 857 S, 900 S

Seiko: SNR031J1, SNR035J1

If you like the watch, let them do a service. Mine arrived with a fault but Sinn is taking care of it and I have other watches to wear.
    DaveandStu likes this.

Mate...its just one of those things that annoy...
    Expect the worst turnaround quoted and hopefully it will be sooner...
    No point having a harty over it,
    we all cop something like this every now and then...
    Sinn is standup team..your dealer jumped positively first view/contact?

Dave

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    JacobC, duc and Spring-Diver like this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information