EZM 13 EZM13 problem
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: EZM 13 EZM13 problem

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

EZM 13 EZM13 problem

Hi Guys,

hoping to find information about a problem I’m having with a brand new Sinn EZM 13 I just picked up form watchbuys. I took possession of the watch about 2 weeks ago and have noticed an intermittent problem. On 3 separate occasions, the date wheel has skipped forward a day. I am not sure if it happens at midnight and goes ahead 2 days, or if the date wheel is advancing randomly at other times. I am working to pinpoint when the additional advance occurs, but so far its still a work in progress

when I reached out to WatchBuys they told me “the oils need to work their way thru and the watch is in the break in period that can last a few weeks”. I’m a Little confused by this given the watch has been keeping perfect time and a skipping datewheel doesn’t seem consistent with a break in period issue.

any help /insights would be appreciated.

thanks
    PvD

Re: EZM 13 EZM13 problem

Wish I could offer any help. Bought my 13 new and it's never had a hiccup. Hopefully yours settles down soon.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

EZM 13 EZM13 problem

Skipping date wheel is likely a fault and not a "break in issue". My advice is to wait a bit and if it's still an issue to file a warranty repair at RGM.

Edit // If you run the date wheel around a few times, is there any weirdness?

Instagram: open_escapement

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Personally I would push to have it replaced. If it’s that new they should. At the very least it will need to be repaired. I’ve never heard of a date wheel skipping because it needs to break in.
    OedipusFlex likes this.
    Too many flipped...

Watchbuys is usually pretty reasonable. Just keep them updated as the issue progresses, the more documentation and detail you can give, the better. Don't be afraid to be pesky. Ask how long (exact terms) would they recommend you give the break in period, and IF the problem does not resolve itself by that time, what ACTION watchbuys will take to get you a working unit.

Again, I've found their customer service very accommodating, but they're not watchmakers. The good news is that you have the invoice and warranty which, if I'm not mistaken, will give you 3 years to sort it out free of additional charge.
    Geof3 likes this.
    IG: @Oedipusflexx

Quote Originally Posted by pvdjr View Post

“the oils need to work their way thru and the watch is in the break in period that can last a few weeks”

PvD

This is absolute nonsense. The accuracy might shift a little during the first few months of ownership, but there is no universe in which a professional multi-thousand dollar tool watch should leave the factory with one of its primary functions not working properly. Get someone on the phone at Watchbuys--go through multiple representatives if you have to. If they give you the run-around, call Sinn. Don't email: call these people so that they can hear your voice and know you're serious. It's been my experience that they'll fix unacceptable mechanical problems. This one is most certainly unacceptable.
    SMP_DON likes this.

Thanks for all the replies. I agree with the consensus here that the date function has nothing to do with a break in period.

WatchBuys has been very receptive sand accommodating. I sent the piece back and they are going to have a look and hopefully send a replacement unit.

They mentioned that they want to try and observe the skip themselves, but I don’t know how long that will take. I’m hoping that based on the fact that they have agreed to take it back, they will just send a replacement model once they get the old one back.

I will keep y’all posted

Thanks again,
    〓PVD〓
    Dennis Parris likes this.

My experiences with watchbuys service have always been good. Knowledgeable and answer questions. They just didn't have a 14 year old watch sitting around that I could buy. So I had to go used.

But when I asked about a specific build... they checked.
    When I asked about Tegimenting... they checked.
    When I ordered a UX... it showed up the next day.
    When I contacted them to say it didn't fit me at all... they told me to send it back and were friendly about it.
    When it arrived back to them... they credited me in full (less shipping) with in 48 hours.

I am pretty confident that they will take care of this as quick and painlessly as they can.
    Well... I hope.
    Dennis Parris likes this.

So i just spoke with watchbuys and they were not able to replicate the problem.

options presented to me were:

1) take the watch back and live with it and hope it doesn't happen again
    or
    2) they will send it to RGM and see if the watchmaker can open it up and find out whats wrong, and then "let sinn decide" whether to exchange or send me back the "fixed" watch

i told them that while i appreciated their efforts to help, that in my opinion, they should send me a replacement watch immediately and they can worry about what is wrong with the watch without me being further involved. That is obviously not going to happen :(

Peter

Quote Originally Posted by pvdjr View Post
    So i just spoke with watchbuys and they were not able to replicate the problem.

options presented to me were:

1) take the watch back and live with it and hope it doesn't happen again
    or
    2) they will send it to RGM and see if the watchmaker can open it up and find out whats wrong, and then "let sinn decide" whether to exchange or send me back the "fixed" watch

i told them that while i appreciated their efforts to help, that in my opinion, they should send me a replacement watch immediately and they can worry about what is wrong with the watch without me being further involved. That is obviously not going to happen :(

Peter
    I'd let RGM disassemble it and take a look

Instagram: open_escapement

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information