EZM 3 or EZM 15, first "real watch"
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: EZM 3 or EZM 15, first "real watch"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

EZM 3 or EZM 15, first "real watch"

Help push me over the edge.

I ALWAYS WEAR A WATCH. One of those people who removes it at security and to set the time/date. For the last 13 years a Luminox 3602 Titanium has been that watch. I had the carbon fiber one before that and when the father in law asked, "How about a better watch..." not knowing any better... I said "The Titanium version of this would be cool." My brother in-law got an Omega he never wears. I am pretty sure our father in law liked him considerably more than me.

I tried out a Marathon. Liked the H3 and the dial. Didn't like the wild inaccuracy. Losing 3-45 seconds a DAY, annoyed the hell out of me. Also the tall case made out of polished steal didn't really "fit me". Back it went.

I ended up getting a GPW Mission based on the Titanium case and automatic movement. Sadly the Lume is oddly Green and looks odd against the white on the bezel. It has an actual crown that would jab me from time to time. My son has claimed it and wears it all the time now.

But back to my search.

Looking for a Left hand crown, led me to the Sinn EZM 3. Which I really like the "look of". On the negative... its steal. I really prefer Titanium. Which begs the T2... but that BLUE DIAL on the T2B looks great.

If the T2 was shaped like an EZM3... this would be on my wrist. But that doesn't exist.

I managed to talk myself into the EZM 2B in black... but 10 seconds of having it in hand and I knew it was going back.

It is annoying that you have to ORDER a SINN, JUST TO SEE A SINN. However, WatchBuys made the ordering, delivery, return, and refund as painless as possible.

The T2B finally came back into limited stock... when it's gone... they are gone. So leaning towards ordering that one.

But whatever I get, it's going to be a daily wear, on a rubber strap.

Watchbuys has a Fully Tegimented U1 with a blue dial and black rubber strap that looks great on the site... but would be WAY TO BIG ON MY WRIST. Like I typed... EZM 3 case made out of Titanium would be the easy choice.

Any help?

Re: EZM 3 or EZM 15, first "real watch"

The EZM 9 sounds like everything you want minus the normally located crown... too bad.

What is it about titanium you prefer? Is it just the weight? If you’re planning on wearing the watch on rubber I’d be less concerned about the weight. Maybe the EZM 3 would work.

I own an EZM 13 and I notice the weight far more when it is on the bracelet. The rubber keeps it from sliding around on my wrist so I don’t notice the weight as much. Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by jarlleif View Post
    The EZM 9 sounds like everything you want minus the normally located crown... too bad.

What is it about titanium you prefer? Is it just the weight? If you’re planning on wearing the watch on rubber I’d be less concerned about the weight. Maybe the EZM 3 would work.

I own an EZM 13 and I notice the weight far more when it is on the bracelet. The rubber keeps it from sliding around on my wrist so I don’t notice the weight as much. Just a thought.
    The EZM 9 as a diver would be just about perfect. Like how the EZM3 has both...
    (Well aside for the whole smaller than 7" wrist it would be on.)

But for case material. Color is one. But the big one being that I noticed that Titanium temperatures never really "pull my attention".
    Last edited by GotSprings; May 30th, 2019 at 19:11.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by GotSprings View Post
    But for case material. Color is one. But the big one being that I noticed that Titanium temperatures never really "pull my attention".
    The EZM3 is not quite as dull in color as titanium. The bead blasted finish does subdue the color of the steel and make it feel a bit more like titanium. It’s not gonna draw anyone’s attention from the shine if that’s what you’d like to avoid.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

The EZM 3 is a stainless steel case.

Is that ever going to get a update to Tegiment or U boat steel?

Like yourself, I too prefer titanium watches. Especially the Sinn T series. I own a T1 and a T1B. In fact, I’m wearing my T1B as I write this!
    I would check Watch Recon for a gently worn T2B and save yourself $1K or more. If it’s still under warranty and buying from the original owner, make sure to get a copy of the original sales receipt. If not, get a list of the previous owners as well. You’ll need this for any warranty service.

BTW...The blue dials look awesome with the black silicone strap.

Good luck ;)

Shannon
    My Seiko's: SBDB001 SD600M, SBDX001 Marine Master, SRP777, SRPA21 PADI,

Casio: ProTrek 2500-A1

My Sinn’s: EZM9, EZM14–T1, EZM14-T1B, U1 Professional, 836

Want

Sinn: U1 S Blue, U2C, UX S, 857 S, 900 S

Seiko: SNR031J1, SNR035J1

Quote Originally Posted by Spring-Diver View Post
    Like yourself, I too prefer titanium watches. Especially the Sinn T series. I own a T1 and a T1B. In fact, I’m wearing my T1B as I write this!
    I would check Watch Recon for a gently worn T2B and save yourself $1K or more. If it’s still under warranty and buying from the original owner, make sure to get a copy of the original sales receipt. If not, get a list of the previous owners as well. You’ll need this for any warranty service.

BTW...The blue dials look awesome with the black silicone strap.

Good luck ;)

Shannon
    That pic of your collection really pushed me towards the T2b.
    Spring-Diver likes this.

Found a post about how a guy got Sinn to do the T1 black bezel Marks in White.

Figured why not ask...

Emailed Sinn about a specific T2 build. I mean... They could just say no. But maybe they can give me that mix of the EZM 3 and T2 I wish existed.
    Spring-Diver likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jarlleif View Post

I have the EZM 10 and it's the same size as the EZM 9 and the crown really doesn't bother me, even though it's a big watch. The titanium is Tegimented so you'll never scratch it and it's extremely legible with lume that is amazing. Bulletproof too.

Or they could just ignore me... which they seem to have chosen to do.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information